Escalade shifter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vwbeaner

Reaction score
I am looking for a Cadillac Escalade shifter handle to put in my 2001 Tahoe. Then my three questions are will it work, how hard is it and how much is it going to cost me? Any info would help.

Mr.Jack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do not get it why you guys want to make your rides look more and more like Cadillac.
If you want your truck look like a Cadillac, get a Cadillac!
I am 100% Chevy!

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
I am looking for a Cadillac Escalade shifter handle to put in my 2001 Tahoe. Then my three questions are will it work, how hard is it and how much is it going to cost me? Any info would help.

+1 I have been wondering this for a bit now!

Do not get it why you guys want to make your rides look more and more like Cadillac.
If you want your truck look like a Cadillac, get a Cadillac!
I am 100% Chevy!

BECAUSE it's the little things in life that matter and the Tahoe ones are ugly and ****** THAT'S why :) :handshake:

thanks for your help bobas....

Lmfao

Last edited:

Mr.Jack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I am sorry. Do not pay attention to me.
I will keep my opinions for my self from now on...

Happy Easter! :)

OP
OP
V

vwbeaner

Reaction score
Got my answer.
The nbs esky shifter will fit in a Tahoe/Yukon. A nnbs esky shifter will also fit in a Tahoe/Yukon. The shifter is available and it is about $160 after shipping from gm parts stores. It is available in three different colors. I will provide the following link for assistance.
To remove the old one you need a Torx T30. Guys if you are going to do this spring for the torx and don't try to use an allen wrench you will only strip out the bolt and piss yourself off. The bolt is right under the shift boot. There is an orange wire that goes under the dash. This is the tow/haul button wire. To make it easier to disconect the wire take the lower dash part off. There are only two/three bolts. Under that take off the steel panel (four nuts) that protects the column. Once that is done you will see that the orange wire actually has two white wires inside of it and you will see the plug.
Aparently the two white wires have caused a lot of problems with breaking. If you google it you will see multiple threads where people have soldered them back together.

http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=209837

And to the guy who told me to buy and Cadillac....I don't want one. I'd rather have a Denali. But the Escalade stuff looks better. And I don't want to buy another truck and have to repeat all the maintenance that I have already done. I know my tuck and what I have done to it. And its paid for ;).

loho16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice job. I may be interested in where you got it. Is the esky shifter any shorter than the yukon ones? My flip out tv hits it when it opens

MrFleming007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First hand experience, it will fit. I've got one in the Suburban. Wrecking yard gave it to me. The leather was the wrong color, so I dyed it graphite using SEM dye, and painted the chrome tip to match the body color. It doesn't appear to be any shorter than the stock shifter.

a6fa0069-9c34-84f5.jpg

Sorry for the bad pic!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadi awais