Coming from Navigator...what should I buy? Denali Ultimate vs escalade??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The various design cues that differentiate the Denali from the Escalade are... pretty different. Personally, I prefer the look of the Denali over the Escalade, from the front end treatment to the chrome/accent pieces behind the second row window and the extension of the chrome over the rear widows [on the Denali]. By the same token, I know that plenty of people hate the massive Denali grill, might be more concerned with the interior vs the exterior, etc.

Certainly you've got a preference as to the appearances, right?

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd get a certified escalade. Let someone else take the depreciation hit.

ninjaplumber

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have both, a 21 Escalade and a 23 Ultimate. Both have exact same drivetrain and suspension.
Escalade: I hate the shifter. The only thing I dislike is the center console. The shifter takes up to much room and leaves very little storage space.
Things I love. The center cooler works great. I always have a 6 pack of cold water! LOL
The speaker system sounds great in my opinion.
Ultimate: Stereo does not sound nearly as good. Comfort exactly the same. I bought the car because my wife said she loved it. Now she says it is to big. What the real problem for her is it seems to sit higher but I believe it is the way the front hood is made. It is harder for her to see over.

Attachments

• compare.jpg
    compare.jpg
    572.9 KB · Views: 15

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have both, a 21 Escalade and a 23 Ultimate. Both have exact same drivetrain and suspension.
Escalade: I hate the shifter. The only thing I dislike is the center console. The shifter takes up to much room and leaves very little storage space.
Things I love. The center cooler works great. I always have a 6 pack of cold water! LOL
The speaker system sounds great in my opinion.
Ultimate: Stereo does not sound nearly as good. Comfort exactly the same. I bought the car because my wife said she loved it. Now she says it is to big. What the real problem for her is it seems to sit higher but I believe it is the way the front hood is made. It is harder for her to see over.
Sitting those things side by side, I just love how the Denali looks...way meaner, way more in your face, way more "I'm a big bad truck." Some don't love the Denali grill, and thats cool..but if you showed me both those side by side, I'd pick the Denali every time...I also know I am in the minority these days, but I really don't like the blackout look, and Esclade seems to be all about the blackout...but hey, this is why they make 31 flavors of ice cream, we don't all love the same things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts