Coming from Navigator...what should I buy? Denali Ultimate vs escalade??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clemsondds

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone, a guy hydroplaned and hit us at 70mph and totaled our navigator. I wasn't too impressed with the ride of the navigator and plus I think they are doing a redesign for 2025...so I would rather hold off till then. So I'm thinking of getting either a yukon xl denali ulitmate or an escalade. Really would like massage seats and retractable running boards. Any suggestions? I hate to pay over $110k since my wife is just going to put tons of miles on it...but she is use to the luxury of the navigator and so it will be hard to talk her into going into much less. Will be purchasing new. Seems like there's quite a few issues with the yukons...have most of the problems been worked out for the '23/24 model? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! This will be my first gmc/cadillac. Thanks again!

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are the features your wife likes most about the Navigator?

Probably best to go to a dealer, sit in both and see what she thinks - Denali Ultimate is a nice rig, but the Escalade takes it to another level.

Yukon issues have been mostly related to OTA updates causing dead batteries, gas engine lifter failures, infotainment glitches and other miscellaneous tech features not working all the time.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I could afford it, the only new offering I would consider is a Duramax Escalade. Other wise....I'd head for another maker.
But of course, these are rare as hen's teeth.....

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree, go check them out, there are starting to be some sitting at dealers now. If all you can muster is the lowest trim Escalade, I’d go Denali. If you can get to mid or upper trim Escalade, then I think that is nicer. One thing to check, call your insurance agent and quote both models; I think the Escalade is significantly more costly to insure (is a bigger theft target).

Also, as you are considering value, recall that the Caddi’s have a one year longer and 14,000 mile longer B2b warranty. And a 6 year 70k mile powertrain warranty…may be worth it with the miles wifey puts on.

OP
OP
C

clemsondds

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Agree, go check them out, there are starting to be some sitting at dealers now. If all you can muster is the lowest trim Escalade, I’d go Denali. If you can get to mid or upper trim Escalade, then I think that is nicer. One thing to check, call your insurance agent and quote both models; I think the Escalade is significantly more costly to insure (is a bigger theft target).

Also, as you are considering value, recall that the Caddi’s have a one year longer and 14,000 mile longer B2b warranty. And a 6 year 70k mile powertrain warranty…may be worth it with the miles wifey puts on.
That's a good point. I was comparing the denali ultimate and the escalade. When building them on their websites, it looks like I would have to get an Escalade platinum in order to get massage seats and retractable steps...that starts at $119k. I got a feeling after my wife puts 60k on it in 4 years...that it will be worth no more than $60k...I just hate losing that much money in a few years. Money isn't an issue really...it's just principle.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Note also that you have to get a package or move to the sport trim on the Caddy to get Magnetic Ride control...
And the lower trim "Premium" Has "Interluxe" seat trim, which is code for synthetic leather. You can get a package that Upbrades you I think, but have to get to Premium Luxury to get real leather...and then even higher to get better grades of leather...

Last edited:

chrisbusnut

Reaction score
I'd go with the Denali Ultimate. I have the Ultimate on my 2024 Sierra HD, and love the interior. I decided against the Ultimate on my Yukon (I didn't want two identical interiors), so bought the Denali Reserve Package instead, which comes with the power running boards (but no massaging seats). I'm not sure where you are located, but Escalades are still hard to get here, and also very expensive (I believe at least some dealers are still charging mark-up on them). The way it was explained to me, the Tahoe, Yukon and Escalade are all produced on the same assembly line, and for each Escalade produced, a much larger number of Tahoes and Yukons are produced. I had a brand new 2023 Escalade as a rental last summer (it was pretty much a base model, though), and although impressed with it, it just wasn't worth the premium to me over a Yukon Denali. As far as issues go, I'm hoping and assuming that most of the bugs have been worked out for what is assumably the last model year for these vehicles before a mid generation refresh.

Tinbadtin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Luxury anything and low depreciation doesn’t exist unfortunately. If you want the lowest depreciation on a GM SUV you may need to look at a base model Suburban… your wife will likely disapprove so that extra 40k remember you’re spending on her ☺️

mplunk

Reaction score
The Denali Ultimate is nice, but the Escalade is really a step above when it comes to luxury.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts