Escalade Auto/Express Up Windows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would really prefer to purchase GM OEM window regulators if I can get my hands on them, but they are diamonds in the rough it seems for the GMT900 platform unless you're willing to buy used. Which is an option I'm open to, but would prefer new.

These are the GM OEM part numbers that are very hard to find and/or out of stock everwhere:
Front Drivers Side GM 20971729
Front Passenger Side GM 20971730

I've got new GM OEM regulators with motors for the 2 rear doors; I need new regulators for the 2 front doors.

So far my choices of new parts without motor is this bundle from TRQ for around $100:

OR

I'm ok with purchased GM OEM new without motors and swapping on my current motor onto them; I'm just not sure exactly the correct part numbers. I think the part numbers are:

Front Drivers Side GM 20914715
Front Passenger Side GM 20914716

GM OEM New window regulators WITHOUT MOTORS are about $118/ea without motors.
But some sites state they're power window regulators without motors and some sites state that they're simply manual window regulators? Not sure if OEM manual window regulators are designed to accept a electric power window motor?

Maybe I'm over thinking it?

@915_Tahoe
@91RS

Any help on confirmation of the part numbers would be appreciated.

EDIT: the TRQ regulators linked above are WITHOUT motors.

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the thing here is as far as the regulator goes is that they are all going to be plastic and metal, there is no magical oem design.
however buying the cheapest one out there is likely going to be cheaply made, you could probably compare brand a to brand b at the parts store if they happen to carry both and have them in stock.
aftermarket motors on the otherhand are different, in that case you see aftermarket motors using "plastic" where oem uses metal inside the motor, the plastic gears strip leaving you wondering wtf. you can feel the difference just holding them in your hand oem will have some weight to it and aftermarket will be feather light with bare minimum metal.

changing the regulator is like a 30 minute job start to finish (or less), so it's not like if it fails 6 years down the road it's going to be a big hassle to do again.

OP
OP

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can’t quite tell if those regulators will work based on the pictures I’m finding or not. Rock Auto shows they fit all GMT-900 so maybe the part where the crank handle would attach just unscrews and the motor can be screwed in place. Maybe try buying one from Amazon so returns are easy?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can’t quite tell if those regulators will work based on the pictures I’m finding or not. Rock Auto shows they fit all GMT-900 so maybe the part where the crank handle would attach just unscrews and the motor can be screwed in place. Maybe try buying one from Amazon so returns are easy?
i somehow doubt it but you could always pull up photos of both and compare them side by side.

OP
OP

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I Googled those part numbers and found some pictures, but I can’t quite tell how the manual mechanism is attached to it. I do know for sure the express up motor will work in place of the standard motor because one of my used regulators was damaged and I reused my original one when I did this conversion.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score

This is what I need to find out.

I found a couple listings on ebay for the GM OEM regulator without motor that have a few better pictures. But it's still hard to tell if that manual piece is removable or not.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just did a customer service "chat" with someone at www.partsgeek.com And according to them you can remove the manual window mechanism and reuse your existing power window motor on GM 20914715 & GM 20914716.

May try to check with another parts site and inquire on the same question to get a second confirmation.