Escalade Auto/Express Up Windows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I plugged the harness in and everything works but the auto up because I can’t set the window positions because there’s no glass and I don’t want to risk breaking the regulator. I’m going to go ahead with the install.

The Escalade glass is indeed different. It’s made by Saint Gobain Sekurit. It doesn’t say it is acoustic and it isn’t double pane but it sure does seem like the Escalade is quieter inside than the Yukon. The shape of the glass is different because the doors are different.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I plugged the harness in and everything works but the auto up because I can’t set the window positions because there’s no glass and I don’t want to risk breaking the regulator. I’m going to go ahead with the install.

The Escalade glass is indeed different. It’s made by Saint Gobain Sekurit. It doesn’t say it is acoustic and it isn’t double pane but it sure does seem like the Escalade is quieter inside than the Yukon. The shape of the glass is different because the doors are different.
how much did you have to pay for the parts?

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is it sound proof?

As far as I know, the Escalade and Denali has tempered front windows where the Tahoe's and Yukon's do not. I believe it's part of RPO BS1. I think I'm right because my 06 Sierra Denali has RPO BS1 and the front windows say solid tempered, and my 09 Tahoe LTZ does not have that BS1 code and the front windows don't have the logo on them.

OP
OP

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both sides are in and working. Only issues: the terminal lock for the side airbag sensor had different tabs on it but the rest of the connector was the same so I just swapped that from the old harness Two of the Christmas trees didn’t line up with the holes in this door so I just moved them. The other issue is there are two wires missing from the lock actuator connector on the left side and one on the right side. The connector end view said something about an open signal and key signal so they’ve got something to do with the content theft so I may have lost some functionality there. The ajar switch is separate and the interior lights come on so I’ll have to research it. The wires go from the latch to the door switch so I could add them back easily but I don’t know if the newer modules will even do anything with it. I suspect none of these things will be an issue on a later truck. I’ll probably wind up doing this to our 12 eventually, too.

I also did find out that doubeleive was semi-correct about the regulators being the same. The regulator itself is the same but the motors are different. GM doesn’t sell them separate. My new-to-me right regulator was broken so I ended up swapping the motor onto my original regulator.

I bought everything on eBay. I was going to buy brand new GM regulators but used ones are about $100 each cheaper so I just found some from trucks with less than 100k miles.

Last edited:
OP
OP

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did some research about these missing circuits and I didn't find much. The open circuits do appear to be redundant ajar switches and the key switch I couldn't find at all but I'm assuming it has something to do with unlocking the door with the key. The only schematic I could find the open switches in was the one for the ajar switches but that didn't help me figure out what exactly they control. The interior lights still work and the RAP still works so unless I notice something not working I'll probably not worry about it. This is definitely only an 07-08 thing so if you have an 09+ they're already not there. I don't think the alarm goes off when you open the door with the key anyway like it does on our 12.

I can post the part numbers tomorrow but the door harnesses are discontinued and there are only a few new ones left in the country. New door switches have to be programmed and would need to be programmed to the VIN of a 09-14 Escalade. The best bet would be to find a junk yard that is parting out the doors and buy the harnesses, switches, and regulators from them. Then this would be plug and play. This probably would have taken me 30 minutes a door if it weren't for my sound deadening and aftermarket speakers.

OP
OP

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally did this on my 12 Yukon and I was correct that everything would be plug and play there without the connector and christmas tree location differences I had on my 08. BUT I've lost the ability to turn on my ventilated/heated seats because the Escalade has those switches in the HVAC control rather than on the door... Before I realized this, I took the door modules apart and swapped the circuit board for the switches so that the backlighting would be green instead of white and both boards had the contact point for express up but the switch housing doesn't have the dual detent on the Yukon switch. I programmed the Escalade modules with the Yukon program and the windows didn't work but the seat switches did, so it is all in the programming. I'm not sure if I could connect the Yukon module to the low speed network redundantly to plug the seat switch into or if that would cause communication problems with two of the "same" module on the network. I'm not even sure there is room in the door to fit it. I contacted White Auto and Media and they said they can probably make a custom hybrid program and make it work but they will not be able to do it any time soon because they're so busy. So I guess I'm taking them back out. Might hang onto the parts and see if WAMS can help me when they're less busy but I doubt that'll ever happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh