Escalade Auto/Express Up Windows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just spent 10 minutes searching and only found people talking about aftermarket alarm & add-on boxes or relays or something and I am NOT interested at all in that so please don't waste either of our time. I want the factory parts or I'll just not do it.

Can anyone confirm which parts are required to add the Escalade auto/express up windows to a Yukon or early Escalade? I remember seeing the information on here at some point and I know for sure the window switches/door modules and window regulators (or just motors) are needed but I thought I remember seeing the door harnesses are needed but I can't find that thread again.

OP
OP

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By asking a question and stating I wasn't interested in anything other than exactly what I asked about? How is that condescending? I don't need two pages of posts that don't answer the question that was asked.

What exactly was your reason for posting? Probably the same reason other people only posted about aftermarket junk when other people asked about how to do this with factory parts.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just spent 10 minutes searching and only found people talking about aftermarket alarm & add-on boxes or relays or something and I am NOT interested at all in that so please don't waste either of our time. I want the factory parts or I'll just not do it.

Can anyone confirm which parts are required to add the Escalade auto/express up windows to a Yukon or early Escalade? I remember seeing the information on here at some point and I know for sure the window switches/door modules and window regulators (or just motors) are needed but I thought I remember seeing the door harnesses are needed but I can't find that thread again.

@gooffeyguy Didn't we talk about that a few years ago?

OP
OP

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought door harnesses, switches, and regulators. I think that’s all it is. Not sure if I’ll get them installed this weekend or not.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my guess is you would just need the main door switch that is already programmed and "maybe" the harness, The regulators are not any different otherwise regulators would be a different part number and they are not.

OP
OP

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is more to it than just switches. The regulators are definitely different part numbers because the motors are different. They have logic in them to learn the open and closed positions and also for anti-pinch functionality during auto-up. The harnesses are different because the window motor connector is different.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m betting you also have to have the BCM because that stuff is programmed into the BCM these days. Not sure if you can have your existing BCM programmed or you’d have to adapt an esky BCM to your ride somehow.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
In the Clifford alarm module of our VW, it’s the (aftermarket) regulator module the takes over the factory express down feature and adds new express up & down safety and control settings.

I’ve seen that White Electronic / BT Diesel adds express down and/or down through a BCM mod. My wife’s VW Beetle vert had one touch down and all 4 windows roll up in conjunction with the door lock via the remote with an aftermarket plug / program module in to the OBD port.

Trying to exclude any speculative info in the thread. That said, express up AND down are programmed into our 09 Platinum. I’m not sure whether the window motor control for express up/down is the BCM, in the switch and or harness or if reprogramming the BCM also reprograms the window’s ancillary parts.

My vote would be to pay BT Diesel for the BCM mod and find out what’s needed. Going all in and paying for the service ensures the communication process starts. The company that flashed my ECU for my VW in the UK would not communicate until I paid them. The owner / operator told me (as I suspected) he got no income until he responded to paying inquiries only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure the BCM doesn’t have anything to do with it on this body style since the window switches are actually door modules connected to the low speed LAN. In the Kx trucks, absolutely, because those door switches are just switches and are on a LIN bus with the BCM. I don’t see anything about auto up windows on BT Diesel’s site under the 900 BCM programming. I have the switches, harnesses, and regulators so we’ll see what happens. I probably would have put them in already if not for all my sound deadening and I’ll have to pull the speaker wire back through. Maybe I’ll try and do the driver side today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons