Engine Oil Low, Add Oil Warning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Super Kevin

Super Kevin

Reaction score
Great place to vacation, our kids loved it. Watch for fossilized shark's teeth, usually black when the tide goes out and if y'all like old cars, stop by http://musclecarcity.net/

As soon as I get over this cough and get some chores around the house done we're going to spend the day over there again, been too long! Going to Edison/Ford Museums too and I would not be a very good husband if I didn't take my wife to Famous Dave's for dinner! Ever been on the Seminole Gulf Railway?

Safe travels Kevin!

Never been to the Seminole Gulf Railway. That looks like a good time though. We may check that out. I have been looking at doing an airboat ride in the Everglades but, I haven't booked one. Any suggestions?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never been to the Seminole Gulf Railway. That looks like a good time though. We may check that out. I have been looking at doing an airboat ride in the Everglades but, I haven't booked one. Any suggestions?

No experience with Airboat rides, look for the ones with the many great reviews is all I can suggest.

Nashoba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back to the subject of the check engine light, we lost our oil pressure sending unit at 86,000 on our 2008 Tahoe Hybrid with the 6.0 L engine. It was showing 50 pounds when there was 13 pounds or something like that. Check engine light came on and stayed on, though.

OP
OP
Super Kevin

Super Kevin

Reaction score
Back to the subject of the check engine light, we lost our oil pressure sending unit at 86,000 on our 2008 Tahoe Hybrid with the 6.0 L engine. It was showing 50 pounds when there was 13 pounds or something like that. Check engine light came on and stayed on, though.

Wow! That sounds low. What caused that?

Nashoba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
VLOM was bad and oil was low, but the pressure still showed 50 or so pounds. Got a new manafold, gasket set, oil pressure sending unit and fresh oil and all was well. No problem since then except a complete new gasket set for the oil pan, etc.

OP
OP
Super Kevin

Super Kevin

Reaction score
I just returned from a trip and I put over 1500 miles on my Yukon. The warning never came back. I haven't had a chance to check the oil yet though. However, I have had an off and on "Service Air Bag System" show up along with a problem with the Power Folding Mirror on the drivers side. I have had way more problems out of this than I had out of my 2004 Tahoe. If that had been a Suburban instead of a Tahoe, I would've never sold it. I needed that extended length.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just returned from a trip and I put over 1500 miles on my Yukon. The warning never came back. I haven't had a chance to check the oil yet though. However, I have had an off and on "Service Air Bag System" show up along with a problem with the Power Folding Mirror on the drivers side. I have had way more problems out of this than I had out of my 2004 Tahoe. If that had been a Suburban instead of a Tahoe, I would've never sold it. I needed that extended length.
if you have a scanner that reads the srs codes the code will be there stored in the module

OP
OP
Super Kevin

Super Kevin

Reaction score
Find any shark's teeth? If the mirror stopped folding, Gruven makes a brass set of gears to replace the plastic ones.

No shark teeth. We did see a small stingray multiple times in the ocean on Friday. My step daughter stepped on it once and then later, it swam by my daughter brushing her leg with its fin. I just happened to look down and see it swimming by. That was a first. Though, we saw plenty at discovery cove last year. Ft. Myers Beach is a great place to go though. We will be going back. The mirror is working intermittently. I rarely fold them. The only reason that I did was because the parking is so tight on that island. I'm thinking that it could be a bad spot on the motor. I'm hoping that I can buy a new motor or take this one apart and clean the comm on it. Or maybe put new brushes in it.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No shark teeth. We did see a small stingray multiple times in the ocean on Friday. My step daughter stepped on it once and then later, it swam by my daughter brushing her leg with its fin. I just happened to look down and see it swimming by. That was a first. Though, we saw plenty at discovery cove last year. Ft. Myers Beach is a great place to go though. We will be going back. The mirror is working intermittently. I rarely fold them. The only reason that I did was because the parking is so tight on that island. I'm thinking that it could be a bad spot on the motor. I'm hoping that I can buy a new motor or take this one apart and clean the comm on it. Or maybe put new brushes in it.

Careful, the various stingrays have a venomous barb on their tail that is very painful if stung by it. Always shuffle your feet when walking in the water to avoid stepping on them.

Teeth have probably broken off of the mirror's gear. Gruven sells improved gears and stronger motors.

Here's a photo from the last time we were at Fort Myers Beach:

Lj22074.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tim j