Engine Oil Low, Add Oil Warning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Super Kevin

Super Kevin

Reaction score
Careful, the various stingrays have a venomous barb on their tail that is very painful if stung by it. Always shuffle your feet when walking in the water to avoid stepping on them.

Teeth have probably broken off of the mirror's gear. Gruven sells improved gears and stronger motors.

Here's a photo from the last time we were at Fort Myers Beach:

View attachment 203056

A guy told me one time that stingrays are in the waters on the beach all of the time and people don't even realize it. He said that he has seen them from the pier in Gulf Shores, AL. That's where we were. I'll have to check Gruven for those parts.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A guy told me one time that stingrays are in the waters on the beach all of the time and people don't even realize it. He said that he has seen them from the pier in Gulf Shores, AL. That's where we were. I'll have to check Gruven for those parts.

Yes, they'll be in the water and under the sand right up to the shore line to catch fish and crabs. Barracuda also form picket lines to catch small fish, spaced 10-15 yards or so apart along the beach and another line in slightly deeper water and so on depending on topography. They are pretty cool to watch as well.

OP
OP
Super Kevin

Super Kevin

Reaction score
Careful, the various stingrays have a venomous barb on their tail that is very painful if stung by it. Always shuffle your feet when walking in the water to avoid stepping on them.

Teeth have probably broken off of the mirror's gear. Gruven sells improved gears and stronger motors.

Here's a photo from the last time we were at Fort Myers Beach:

View attachment 203056

The Gruven parts definitely look like the way to go and I don't think that it would be too hard to do. I'm thinking about replacing/upgrading both sides.

OP
OP
Super Kevin

Super Kevin

Reaction score
Yes, they'll be in the water and under the sand right up to the shore line to catch fish and crabs. Barracuda also form picket lines to catch small fish, spaced 10-15 yards or so apart along the beach and another line in slightly deeper water and so on depending on topography. They are pretty cool to watch as well.

BTW: I told them to shuffle their feet. I'm not sure that they listened to me though. Haha! We were only in water that was about thigh deep. Ft. Myers Beach is shallow way out. Stingrays must not be very aggressive since she stepped on it and it brushed my daughter's leg and it just swam off. I think if it felt attacked, it would be a different story though. Funny thing: My oldest daughter said, "Alyssa....Did you just touch my leg?" That's when I saw the ray. It was really small though. Maybe a foot across. Still pretty cool to see one though. One of the other highlights in the ocean was my step daughter picking up a sponge from the ocean. My daughter screamed because something crawled out of it. She dropped the sponge and the creature. I asked what was it. She said, "It looked like a spider." I said, "Was it a crab?"....They said, "Probably". Yea. It was a very small crab.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Gruven parts definitely look like the way to go and I don't think that it would be too hard to do. I'm thinking about replacing/upgrading both sides.

Now the two gears come epoxied together so you don't have to have the truck down for 24+ hours, I bought mine before they did this and now have to wait for the rainy season to end!

No, they are not aggressive unless they've been conditioned to be fed by divers as is sometimes the case on offshore wrecks. Nothing like being the first diver in the water after a few days of heavy weather and nobody was giving those guys free food without them working for it! Not little either, the southerns get up to six feet across.

Next time you see some "seaweed" take it out of the water and shake it out into a bucket. Small crabs, shrimp and other interesting creatures will be seen, lots of fun for the little ones. We've also found starfish on Fort Myers Beach and plenty of sea biscuits, queen conchs and other interesting things. In Stuart, there's a beach for little ones where the reef is exposed at low tide. When my children were little, I would swim out to the reef and bring back sea cucumbers, sea hares, hermit crabs and such for them to touch and see and then swim them back out to be let go. Fun stuff. See if what she saw was an Arrow Crab, we sometimes find them in seaweed too.

Such a day as that makes all the expense and work getting there and back worth it, right?

OP
OP
Super Kevin

Super Kevin

Reaction score
Now the two gears come epoxied together so you don't have to have the truck down for 24+ hours, I bought mine before they did this and now have to wait for the rainy season to end!

No, they are not aggressive unless they've been conditioned to be fed by divers as is sometimes the case on offshore wrecks. Nothing like being the first diver in the water after a few days of heavy weather and nobody was giving those guys free food without them working for it! Not little either, the southerns get up to six feet across.

Next time you see some "seaweed" take it out of the water and shake it out into a bucket. Small crabs, shrimp and other interesting creatures will be seen, lots of fun for the little ones. We've also found starfish on Fort Myers Beach and plenty of sea biscuits, queen conchs and other interesting things. In Stuart, there's a beach for little ones where the reef is exposed at low tide. When my children were little, I would swim out to the reef and bring back sea cucumbers, sea hares, hermit crabs and such for them to touch and see and then swim them back out to be let go. Fun stuff. See if what she saw was an Arrow Crab, we sometimes find them in seaweed too.

Such a day as that makes all the expense and work getting there and back worth it, right?

Yea. It was a long haul. It is worth the drive in my opinion. It took us about 13 hours to get there and the same to get back. That's typical for the trip back with traffic in Atlanta but, going down is never that slow. I think that it had a lot to do with the 4th of July week. I made it to Sanibel in less than 12 hours 3 years ago. My brother is in Sanibel now. I passed him in on I-75 between I-10 and the Georgia state line. He lives 2 hours farther away than I do.

OP
OP
Super Kevin

Super Kevin

Reaction score
Cheeburger Cheeburger still over there? My picture is on the wall somewhere! And I remember a house converted to an ice cream shop too. Wonder if that's still there?

I don't remember seeing a Cheeburger Cheeburger. There is a ice cream shop like that I think. Been a little while since I have been there though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu