Engine hours

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't quote me, but it is sometimes used for fleet maintenance for vehicles that idle a lot. While it is not quite the same as driving, 50 hours is like 3000 miles. As 50hours x 60 mph is 3000 miles.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't find anything about it. Maybe someone knows what "engine hours" show?

My car shows about 20 engine hours and 4.000 liters of fuel consumed. I looked in the manual and it only says that: "The engine hours show the engine hours", but not since when. Does it show from production, last reset, last battery off? I'm sure that other engine hours used to be there, so it must have been reset at some point. I tried too reset the engine hours with the steering wheel button, just to try if i am accidently reset this value, but it didn't work.

So I don't know how I reset the engine hours. I had longer my Battery off, when I did my rust protection, but then he didn't reset the "fuel used", why the engine hour's?

So does anyone know, from what point in time these engine hours apply?
Could have reset on it's own, could have been reset, could be a different cluster then original.
the real question is does it really matter for a 20 year old vehicle? or even a 10 year old vehicle?
probably not
unless you have kept track of it from when it was new off the lot then there is no telling........
on the gmt800 gmt900 the information is stored on the cluster and no where else
if you want reliable engine hours install a meter under the hood

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamnalicea143e