engine hours reset to 0, anyone had this problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife killed the battery washing it yesterday with the ignition on and not running. I jumped it and all my settings stayed but the engine hours were reset to zero? Anyone else had this happen, should I take it in for this?

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
02Lightning,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this. Did the engine hours still stay zero the next time you got into the vehicle?

Thank you,

Elizabeth, GM Customer Service

OP
OP
02Lightning

02Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
02Lightning,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this. Did the engine hours still stay zero the next time you got into the vehicle?

Thank you,

No, it just started from zero and started counting again like it was a new car. It was kind of a nice feature to know how many hours are on the motor just like the miles on your car. But if they are giong to put these features on a vehicle I would expect them to work. It's kind of pointless now even if they fixed the problem because I have no idea what the hours are on the motor. Unless the dealer records them every time a service is done to the car.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
02lightning,

I completely understand, I would be a little upset, too. Have you spoken with your dealership to confirm a reason why your hours went away and if there would be anyway to get them to where they were?

Thank you,

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's just like a trip odometer but for engine hours. If you hold the check mark or hold the pin coming out on the dash, it will reset.

OP
OP
02Lightning

02Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's just like a trip odometer but for engine hours. If you hold the check mark or hold the pin coming out on the dash, it will reset.

I'm pretty sure that's not how it works, that would be usless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076

Latest posts