ECM Reset

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never done or actually heard of ECM reset until this thread. I've certainly never unhooked the battery cables to try to reset anything.

I would think you have something else going on and your perceived battery cable disconnect correlation to truck starting is pure coincidence. The security light isn't flashing, is it? That would be a VATS issue.

You need to follow your basic, fundamentals on crank-no-fire, or no-crank (not too sure because it's not really clear based on description what's going on)...you have:

1.) Spark? If not, do you have injector pulse?
2.) Fuel? Key on, engine off, what pressure? Does it hold pressure for 15 minutes?
3.) Air? Doesn't hurt to pop the air filter box
4.) Compression? Engine was running okay? No misfires or coolant disappearing mysteriously?

Do you have spark when the truck is cranking (but not firing)? This is the first diagnosis question that needs answered, then go from there.

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

KennyGoodtimes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
And it did it again today when I stopped for lunch before work it's almost like it builds a new driveline and shuts down

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There are some good suggestions in the past posts, and working those will likely lead you to a solution, or at least narrow things down. You may need to have a good diagnostician look at it if you want to resolve the issue.

OP
OP
K

KennyGoodtimes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
And it did it again today when I stopped for lunch before work it's almost like it builds a new driveline and shuts down
I disconnected the battery and crossed the terminals and left it for 2 and 1/2 hours went back and reconnected the battery and it's running again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019