ECM Reset

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KennyGoodtimes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all, I recently had an issue with my '03 Chevy Tahoe where it would not start after a disconnecting the battery for a while it started right back up and ran for a week. After resetting it again today it is now running again but I have a feeling it's going to happen again is there anyone that is experienced the same issue as to why I have to keep resetting the ECM ?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Moved you here from the General Discussion section.

What procedure are you using to "reset" the ECM?

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you mean ( the vehicle would not start, so you disconnected the battery. Then after that it would start)...

Because the original post is a tad confusing. It sounds like it would not start after disconnecting, then you disconnected again and it started.

OP
OP
K

KennyGoodtimes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It would not start. After a few attempts to start it I decided to disconnect the battery and having left it disconnected for over an hour it started. This past weekend it did the same exact thing although I had to wait overnight with the battery unhooked before connecting it and it would start

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stalling while driving? This sounds like a problem that is unrelated to unhooking the battery, and doing so is a coincidence that it starts.

You need to check fuel pressure and codes after you get it running next time. As unhooking the battery wipes out codes.

Buy some starting fluid and next time it will not start, spray some in the air filter box and try to start the truck. If it starts then your problem is fuel related.

OP
OP
K

KennyGoodtimes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Coincidentally I did buy some starting fluid for that reason but when I reconnected the battery it started and ran so I've been driving it a couple days I have a short ride to and from work it's been okay thus far

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo