Employee/supplier pricing gone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do believe the employee discount has been reduced. Another reason to wait it out till demand has been satiated to some extent.

Chloe_21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe them. I had to submit an order to get Supplier price. 5 weeks now and order still has not been picked up “officially” by GM.
I’m at 7.5 weeks, not picked up.

I’m still getting the supplier pricing at least, for now anyways.

Chloe_21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do believe the employee discount has been reduced. Another reason to wait it out till demand has been satiated to some extent.

If you can still build and price with it, employee pricing and supplier pricing still remains.
2021 Yukons are still ok under eligible vehicles.

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can still build and price with it, employee pricing and supplier pricing still remains.
2021 Yukons are still ok under eligible vehicles.

I can still build and price it. I thought the discount seemed lower than before so I did the math and it's still the same. I'm hoping they get the bugs out of these and they become a viable choice so I'll remain waiting.

Chloe_21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can still build and price it. I thought the discount seemed lower than before so I did the math and it's still the same. I'm hoping they get the bugs out of these and they become a viable choice so I'll remain waiting.

Actually, I noticed that too when I went to build and price. It was a little bit lower; instead of 5000 something it was like 4000 something, but it ended up to be like $200 more than what I was quoted last time.

I mean that’s not too bad I’ll take that, I’m just hoping that after June these dealerships will start taking it because right now when I search inventory it says they’re not going to accept supplier pricing or employee pricing it’s going to be MSRP only.

GM is going to start opening another plant or two so the chip shortage is easing a bit so I’m hoping this will help I’m 7.5 weeks into preliminary order status, and I just hope my 21 gets here by August & they have supplier pricing.

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, I noticed that too when I went to build and price. It was a little bit lower; instead of 5000 something it was like 4000 something, but it ended up to be like $200 more than what I was quoted last time.

I mean that’s not too bad I’ll take that, I’m just hoping that after June these dealerships will start taking it because right now when I search inventory it says they’re not going to accept supplier pricing or employee pricing it’s going to be MSRP only.

GM is going to start opening another plant or two so the chip shortage is easing a bit so I’m hoping this will help I’m 7.5 weeks into preliminary order status, and I just hope my 21 gets here by August & they have supplier pricing.

I would prefer that potential buyers delay buying until the price increases abate and quality improves. Let's not let GM think they can survive by cost cutting coupled with price increases. In three years or less these will be better vehicles and incentives will return. I have a very good 2012 that serves me well so I have that luxury my biggest worry is trading in a reliable Tahoe for one that is buggy.

BTW, it takes many years to build a chip manufacturing plant and GM had at least one that was shuttered just years ago in Kokomo, Indiana. The facility has three separate fabs and made chips for Toyota and many other automotive manufacturers. The building was built on a suspension foundation which reduces outside vibrations from interfering with production processes, the building is there but the parking lots have weeds growing up through the cracks. It would require finding and training motivated people which might be a huge impediment in the Midwest. All in the name of progress which translates to increased corporate profit, the same corporations that today are asking for government seed money. Oy

Chloe_21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would prefer that potential buyers delay buying until the price increases abate and quality improves. Let's not let GM think they can survive by cost cutting coupled with price increases. In three years or less these will be better vehicles and incentives will return. I have a very good 2012 that serves me well so I have that luxury my biggest worry is trading in a reliable Tahoe for one that is buggy.

BTW, it takes many years to build a chip manufacturing plant and GM had at least one that was shuttered just years ago in Kokomo, Indiana. The facility has three separate fabs and made chips for Toyota and many other automotive manufacturers. The building was built on a suspension foundation which reduces outside vibrations from interfering with production processes, the building is there but the parking lots have weeds growing up through the cracks. It would require finding and training motivated people which might be a huge impediment in the Midwest. All in the name of progress which translates to increased corporate profit, the same corporations that today are asking for government seed money. Oy

I have to wait until the vehicle can be built anyways. My vehicle is on hold due to no available parts.

OP
OP
EMTPete

EMTPete

Reaction score
The best price I can find locally is MSRP. One dealer told me they will supplier/first responder pricing on a custom order, it at this point I should wait until the ‘22 is out as any order placed now probably won’t be accepted before the model year changeover happens this summer.

TexasMom85

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just noticed this evening that employee pricing and supplier/first responder pricing is currently unavailable on the ‘21 Yukon. I only check the AT4 and Denali trims, both say that they aren’t available under the special purchase programs. I hope this doesn’t last for too long....

I just ordered my Yukon XL w/ employee pricing! One dealer said GM wasn't allowing it (also said that GM themselves was implementing the $10k+ price increase), one dealer took my order with no issue. I actually called Family First to verify and they said all makes and models listed online as available for the discount is accurate. So the other dealership lied directly to my face and that infuriates me more than anything! If you want want to honor it, fine, don't lie.

TexasMom85

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi don’t think that’s true I ordered a loaded AT4 XL about a month ago and from what I can see supplier discount is still available. Plus that’s the reason I ordered it because of that discount that would be very bad business on there part

Have you gotten yours yet, or an update on production? I am getting the SLT, but with all the upgrades...so basically an AT4 with different wheels LOL!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bearfacemoon2212