Employee/supplier pricing gone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw GM revoked Educator & College discounts - I qualified for both.

however when I called around and visited a dealership - they were not doing education/college discounts before they were revoked anyways. I had one that worked around it and did my OTD with supplier pricing. That was 7 weeks ago. My vehicle doesn’t even have a production date yet, but I’m hoping by next week.

The supplier pricing is still available at least, for now. And I sure hope the dealership will not try and screw me over after waiting all this time for my vehicle. =\
I don’t see first responder discount anymore on the Chevy website from the drop down box. It was there a few weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The first responder discount appears to still exist. The healthcare provider discount expired today.

WaHooWa

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ordered an AT4 in April and the dealer was offering $3,000 off msrp. They agreed to give me that along with the first responder discount. They contacted me today, the vehicle comes in this week, and told me GM is not doing supplier pricing and they would only do $1,500 off msrp. I asked to speak to the general manager but instead the finance manger called me back and said they’d give me $3,000 off plus an additional $500 off because that’s what the first responder discount is at. I also have a supplier code but they refused to do take that. I understand the supply and demand issue at this time but I would have bought one off the lot a month and a half ago if I knew they we’re going to change the price on me. Unfortunately I didn’t have anything in writing and I think I’m still getting a decent deal.

Chloe_21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t see first responder discount anymore on the Chevy website from the drop down box. It was there a few weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn! That’s not right. They did that to Military discount as well. MILITARY! That’s messed up in so many ways.

JR09country

Reaction score
I ordered an AT4 in April and the dealer was offering $3,000 off msrp. They agreed to give me that along with the first responder discount. They contacted me today, the vehicle comes in this week, and told me GM is not doing supplier pricing and they would only do $1,500 off msrp. I asked to speak to the general manager but instead the finance manger called me back and said they’d give me $3,000 off plus an additional $500 off because that’s what the first responder discount is at. I also have a supplier code but they refused to do take that. I understand the supply and demand issue at this time but I would have bought one off the lot a month and a half ago if I knew they we’re going to change the price on me. Unfortunately I didn’t have anything in writing and I think I’m still getting a decent deal.
That's still a decent deal. Seems like they are giving you a discount when, honestly, they really don't have to. They could sell it to someone else for MSRP.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

WaHooWa

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That's still a decent deal. Seems like they are giving you a discount when, honestly, they really don't have to. They could sell it to someone else for MSRP.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Yeah that’s exactly what I was thinking.

Shrubs2K2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was able to use supplier pricing on 19 May for ours. Otherwise, according to the dealer at least, it would have been sticker price.

Gmo79

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I believe them. I had to submit an order to get Supplier price. 5 weeks now and order still has not been picked up “officially” by GM.

Yukon21Denali

Reaction score
Its all on dealership, I bought my denali from a small town dealership and they accepted supplier. Some of the big name GMC dealers in Boston area wouldn't take supplier, they are rather doing 'market adjustment' on MSRP.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14