Electric Suburban / Electric Tahoe / Yukon / Escalade EV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah but they won’t. there’s no way they’ll stop OMG incentives, subsidies and wars...let alone go back and tear up the highway system (defense purposes...rrriiigghhhttt) that was a boon to early auto manufacturers. The govt has always had its thumb on the scales of industries that they believe serve the long term greater good.

Zero chance all cars are full EV in 8 years though so no worries there. Would be cool though!

Back to the war thing after evading it, oy. You keep making statements then avoiding direct responses to those statements.

The modern highway system was a boon to industry and our quality of life. It was from an era when government was more sensitive to the actual needs of the taxpayer. It appears that era has ended.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back to the war thing after evading it, oy. You keep making statements then avoiding direct responses to those statements.

The modern highway system was a boon to industry and our quality of life. It was from an era when government was more sensitive to the actual needs of the taxpayer. It appears that era has ended.
I didn’t evade anything. I said you’re welcome to hold that opinion. Saying that “someone once said something in 2016” isn’t a particularly compelling argument (especially considering that the only document/source you provided in this thread was an opinion piece penned by the oil lobby).

Correct. The modern highway system was a boon to many things including the American auto manufacturers. Just like the railroads were a generation prior. Less smog, greener fuels and fewer oil wars will be a boon to all Americans too.

Our best days are ahead of us...enjoy the ride!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn’t evade anything. I said you’re welcome to hold that opinion. Saying that “someone once said something in 2016” isn’t a particularly compelling argument (especially considering that the only document/source you provided in this thread was an opinion piece penned by the oil lobby).

Correct. The modern highway system was a boon to many things including the American auto manufacturers. Just like the railroads were a generation prior. Less smog, greener fuels and fewer oil wars will be a boon to all Americans too.

Our best days are ahead of us...enjoy the ride!!

It's all opinion and when you just hop from claim to claim nothing gets hashed out. But perhaps that is just the inherent nature of forums. For instance your claim that somehow adopting EVs will reduce war. What?

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's all opinion and when you just hop from claim to claim nothing gets hashed out. But perhaps that is just the inherent nature of forums. For instance your claim that somehow adopting EVs will reduce war. What?
I’ve stuck to my core claims all through this thread. Its not all opinion. Much is factual and easily sourced which I have done.

It seems like I’m hopping around because people keep throwing out silly stuff like “yeah but dah windmillz don’t like cold and librulzzz bad!!!” or “Librulzzz want $500B for a charging station!!!”...I am dumb enough to respond. That’s on me. I’ve been interwebbing long enough to know better.

My opinion is that with less reliance on petroleum we will likely see less global conflict in areas that we are currently only in to stabilize to ensure access. Obviously EV’s are only a small part of that overall narrative.

That was really a secondary point used to make a point about govt intervention in EV’s. The central point was that the govt ALWAYS puts their thumb on the scale of future (initially unprofitable) technology and big bets.

Last edited:

Holy Roller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you care to comment on what he wrote?
So here’s the thing: I read it, word for word, last night. I kept hoping for some hint of balance, a little nuance. That’s why I read the whole thing. Right through to the author’s bio. But I never found anything more than a screed.

As written, it may fit your narrative - or that of a million others. But that doesn’t make it entirely true.

For me it read like something written by a cigarette executive 35 years ago. Raising fear, uncertainty and doubt, for tobacco farmers and all those reliant on an addictive, poisonous - albeit legal - product.

I’ve never even ridden in an electric. And I’ll keep driving diesel for as long as it makes sense for me. But I have enough life experience to know that my situation and needs change and evolve over time. As I bang this out on a piece of technology that didn’t even exist a decade ago.

OP
OP
GTNator

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The leaders at GM have spoken, they are committed to an “ALL electric” future. Superior technology and performance through electrification is coming to GM, and to any other auto company that wants to remain in business beyond another 20 or so years.

https://www.gm.com/commitments/electrification.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean, that Ultium system does look pretty badass. I still think they need drop- in batteries serviced from underneath at charging stations where you stop in and have a fully charged battery swapped out, kinda like battery powered tools do but that won’t work until they make batteries way smaller so there’s only a couple different sizes and shapes needed. As it is now, like with GM’s new system, they need to make the battery fit each vehicle.

dubyagee01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Americans dream big.

I believe in America and our innovative spirit.

You’re welcome to sulk on the sidelines.

Im sure your definition of “American” is the same as mine.

You appear to lean marxist.

Your style of insult definitely shows progressive but I repeat myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879