Electric Suburban / Electric Tahoe / Yukon / Escalade EV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Flustered no. Shocked that pockets of such levels of aggressive ignorance still exist? Yes. So far you’ve proven that you believe in science unless it has to do with geology and the ecology of natural systems and the introduction of poisons into them. Which begs the question...what science DO you believe?

Anyway...I grew up with a PhD in geology around so I guess I take my knowledge and common sense for granted.

The theory of young earth and vertical fossils was debunked hundreds of years ago. In fact the whole discussion of vertical fossils actually disproves young earth.

Nothing I say will change your mind unless
You are actually admitting youve NEVER researched this?

I suggest you Use actual scientific sites and journals not weird pseudoscience sites like ‘creationism.con’ etc. start with dawsons. He was a 19th century scientist/geologist and a staunch Christian. He was the first to scientifically explain such fossils. His observations remain valid and central to accepted scientific thought in this area even today. I’d also look into trees that grow in flood plains today for examples of how vertical fossilization takes place. Hint 2: Not every area of in the world experiences sedimentation at the same rate.

That’s a good start.

Good luck! I believe in you.

So instead of answering what you deem to be such an elementary question, such as the UPSIDE DOWN trees, you would prefer that I do more research. That is hilarious. Seriously, that is a great way to weasel out of answering, good job.

kbuskill

Reaction score
There’s a difference between sloppiness and ignorance.

Sorry I rushed through a post.

Oh...you don’t need multiple spaces after an ellipsis. If you have a single space AFTER an ellipsis you should also use one BEFORE to remain consistent. You did it twice which indicates ignorance not sloppiness.

It's not ignorance, it is giving you some low hanging fruit because I feel sorry for you... see, I did it again... I also find it amusing that when you screw up, it's "sloppiness", but when others do it, it's ignorance... I can't say I'm surprised, after all we are all just dumb hicks and you are college indoctrinated, eerrr, I mean educated... lol

Come on now, I'm making this as easy for you as I can.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So instead of answering what you deem to be such an elementary question, such as the UPSIDE DOWN trees, you would prefer that I do more research. That is hilarious. Seriously, that is a great way to weasel out of answering, good job.

So you are doubling down on aggressive ignorance and won’t even do a modicum of research on your own.

How utterly unsurprising.

It also is clear you didn’t pay attention to my hints.

Ugh.

kbuskill

Reaction score
16375db8741a0c742f5f9cfdb3dbd410.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you are doubling down on aggressive ignorance and won’t even do a modicum of research on your own.

How utterly unsurprising.

It also is clear you didn’t pay attention to my hints.

Ugh.

So when you have no answer you reduce yourself to name calling, I wish I could say I was surprised but that is actually fairly typical for people who can't prove their point.

And I am the one who is expected to disprove my own question, typical.

Clearly you have no answer to my question or you would have given it and you will continue to tell me that it is my responsibility to research these things for myself.

Since you are unwilling, or unable, to give a rebuttal and this has gotten WAY off topic I will leave it alone.

It helps me sleep better at night knowing that we have such brilliant minds, such as yours, to show the rest of us "dumb folk" the way.

Keep.up.the.good.werk... lol

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So when you have no answer you reduce yourself to name calling, I wish I could say I was surprised but that is actually fairly typical for people who can't prove their point.

And I am the one who is expected to disprove my own question, typical.

Clearly you have no answer to my question or you would have given it and you will continue to tell me that it is my responsibility to research these things for myself.

Since you are unwilling, or unable, to give a rebuttal and this has gotten WAY off topic I will leave it alone.

It helps me sleep better at night knowing that we have such brilliant minds, such as yours, to show the rest of us "dumb folk" the way.

Keep.up.the.good.werk... lol

I don’t think you’re dumb. I think you’re lazy and believe whatever supports your worldview because it’s easy and comforting.

To back up my assertion...You have and will contribute to refuse researching this on your own, specifically sedimentation rates in flood plains (where these fossilized trees have been found) which easily explains the myth you are perpetrating. Correct? Won’t even look up an actual scientific journal article on it will you? If you won’t even do that, how do you know if you disagree with the scientific take on this?

Remember, this myth was debunked hundreds of years ago by a Christian.

[Hint 3: sedimentation rates vary wildly and don’t necessarily take millions, let alone billions, of years depending on the area. Fossils above and below the tree top and root ball help show that]

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/earth-and-planetary-sciences/sedimentation-rate

https://www.usgs.gov/special-topic/...ce_center_objects=0#qt-science_center_objects

Last edited:

kbuskill

Reaction score
I don’t think you’re dumb. I think you’re lazy and believe whatever supports your worldview because it’s easy and comforting.

To back up my assertion...You have and will contribute to refuse researching this on your own, specifically sedimentation rates in flood plains (where these fossilized trees have been found) which easily explains the myth you are perpetrating. Correct? Won’t even look up an actual scientific journal article on it will you? If you won’t even do that, how do you know if you disagree with the scientific take on this?

Remember, this myth was debunked hundreds of years ago by a Christian.

[Hint 3: sedimentation rates vary wildly and don’t necessarily take millions, let alone billions, of years depending on the area. Fossils above and below the tree top and root ball help show that]

You must be right, I'm lazy, after all you wouldn't say it if it weren't true.

The whole THEORY of evolution is based on the fossil records of differing layers of rock "proving" that these billions of years have passed allowing enough time for everything to evolve from single cell organisms.

If the layers of rock were laid down quickly and didn't take billions of years or even millions of years, as you just stated in your ever so helpful hints, then the THEORY of evolution falls apart.

So it seems we actually agree that the layers of rock didn't take millions of years to form.

One more question before I go to bed.

Is it because I believe in God that you think I'm ignorant, and therefore you have the right to belittle me, or is it because I don't believe in the religion of evolution?

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The whole THEORY of evolution is based on the fossil records of differing layers of rock "proving" that these billions of years have passed allowing enough time for everything to evolve from single cell organisms. ?

Incorrect. The WHOLE scientific theory of evolution does not rest solely on sedimentation layers and it’s rate of layering...especially when discussing the age of the earth and species evolution. Beyond that examples of sedimentation layers happening quickly in certain areas and incredibly slowly in others (like it still does today) if anything disproves the young earth and ‘great floods’ myth.

If you took even a single geology course in your life you’d know that not all layers of sediment everywhere are made up of the same material nor did they happen at the same rate.

Hint 4: look up preservation of organic material is low oxygen / high sulfur / methane environments.

One more question before I go to bed.

Is it because I believe in God that you think I'm ignorant,

Nope. It’s the fact that you are aggressively ignorant or lazy. You choose which one it is.

You won’t even do the most basic of research. You simply seek out and believe whatever makes you feel comfortable with your worldview.

Dawson was a staunch Christian. He was not ignorant and likely didn’t play the victim card like you keep trying to.

Last edited:

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could we please get back to topic.

For some reason the 2021 section has gone off the rails. If I have to I will lock every single thread in the 2021 section.

Just stay on topic in every section of the 2021 section.

Just another reminder no religion or politics posts.

Thank you.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could we please get back to topic.

For some reason the 2021 section has gone off the rails. If I have to I will lock every single thread in the 2021 section.

Just stay on topic in every section of the 2021 section.

Just another reminder no religion or politics posts.

Thank you.

Is technology and science ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE