Eagle is back, sort of.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Eagle01

Eagle01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What, you dont do all your own diagnostics and repairs with the inpa and DIS instead of going to dealership?? It’s the only way to fly!

Between the factory diagnostic tools downloadable online and the OEM parts availability, if you can diy, and don’t pay ///M tax, 3 series are pretty economical to run.
I got 45-49 mpg at 80, 30+ around town in stop n go. i joke with my dad that my cars have more hp and torque than his 99 454 OBS did, cause it’s sadly true. My dsm made about 210/375 with some mods, this f31d 2.0 lazily makes about the same no mods or tune. Lol.
Put 30k miles on it even while working from home in last 3 years with no out of pocket expense except oil changes 60 -120 a year, (dealership bc adds value when selling or in collision buy out to have paper trail and dealership inspections routinely showing no issues) and DIY air, cabin, and fuel filters from ECS, about $100 a year. because it is so rare, 1 of 93 even before the OEM+ mods, and the pandemic retail car pricing freak out, I’m basically selling it now for more than I paid for it 3 ago. I’m losing about 1-2k total overall because of amount spent on mods, but it’s been like having a free car for 3 years.

Guy is supposed to buy it tomorrow ,then I have to see a man about his 5/7 dropped crew cab 454 dually. Needs the factory peeling paint redone, seats were already swapped but interior left alone , so that needs modding, but already has the drop, helper bags, 22” custom cut semis, Esky clip, caddy tails, and shaved handles all around. Wife thinks I’m nuts, and I am. But fixing up and customizing cars makes me happy. Just Driving a finished one doesn’t, ya know?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645