Driver Window switch not working??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Driver window switch Just stopped working today after a long trip. Master switch works with everything elset

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had this issue this past weekend out of nowhere. I researched and confirmed only driver button makes no noise even when I press up and window is all the way up. I fully unplugged all harnesses going to switch and plugged them back in and window works again. I was so glad because I was preparing to swap regulator/motor. Hope this simple step helps others that have similar symptoms. Even with a bad motor, there should be a click sound I believe.

Amrk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the same issue with my 07 Tahoe LTZ. Drivers window won't roll down...replaced the master switch, now nothing works except the drivers window! Dealership service advisors gave no clue what is wrong! Anyone have suggestions?

Hey JoeB, did you find what was the problem? I am having the same exact issue. New switch, nothing works except driver window

Amrk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Also having driver window problems. My 07 Nali DS window switch stopped working...no click, nothing. Ordered new switch unit (one piece-all DS controls-$120) installed & now DS window works, but NONE of the other controls work. They sent a new switch-still the same. Needs programing??? HELP!

Hello Brock

I am having the same issue, did you find out what was the problem?

anival

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
me too having the same problem has anybody gotting it fixed cant find problem

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Post in the 07+ section. Get an exact answer over there:waytogo:

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Took my window visors off and last summer it rained almost everyday. Always had water pouring on the switches. No clicking soinf and only drivers side doesn't work. Other windows work just fine.
Figure it was a regulator since it's a common issue but now I'm thinking might be the switch.

Lew Schiller

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My switch works up and down but not Auto Down.
Switch Issue I presume?
Also have in issue with my drivers side power mirror. Doesn't adjust up or out just down and in.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reading through this thread and I am having intermittent issues with just the drivers side window. The passenger window rolls down with express. The rear windows roll down to their 1/2 way point. The rear window roll up while you hold the switch. The passenger window rolls up while holding the switch.

The main problem is the drivers window. Sometimes there is no action immediately when I hold down the switch. Sometimes I have to give it a couple depress actions to get it to roll down while I hold it (no express down). It seems at this point express down is not working properly. There is no noticeable click when I roll it down. It does roll up as it should. There of course is no express up option here.

Per above posts, can just the switch inside the entire unit be replaced or are we looking at an entire new assembly? I could not find just a switch listed anywhere to replace as what was found was the entire assembly for replacement.

@05Single

You ever have any luck with this/solutions from your electrical/lighting knowledge?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitransmission