Driver Window switch not working??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NorCal Nali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, So I went to roll down my windows today and the driver side front window won't go down. It's on my '01 yukon denali. There were no weird sounds or breaking noises. It simply seems like the window switch just is not working. If anybody knows anything about this please let me know! Thanks guys!

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It doesn't make a click noise or anything? Normally I'd say bad motor but this may be a bad switch.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pop the switch assembly out of the door panel and check both harness plugs and make sure they have a good connection!

OP
OP
NorCal Nali

NorCal Nali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It doesn't make a click noise or anything? Normally I'd say bad motor but this may be a bad switch.

Yah no clicking at all. It has not worked on and off randomly but then they ended up working. This time it just seems theres no power there. I checked both the harnesses on the back as well.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, if it's just your driver window that's not working on the switch, then you need to take the door panel off of the door, unplug the window motor, and check for voltage at the plug! That will answer your problem on the switch!

My01yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My passenger window does the samething except I can hear a click. Would that be the motor?

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you can hear it click that means your switch is working and so, yes, I'd lean towards that being an issue with your motor...

vikes84

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an 08 Tahoe and my driver side window will not open. I don't know if its the switch or motor, I don't hear sound from the motor when I'm trying to roll it down. I was told if I replaced the switch myself i would need the dealership to program the master switch once its replaced. Does anyone know how to program the switch?

Brock

Reaction score
Also having driver window problems. My 07 Nali DS window switch stopped working...no click, nothing. Ordered new switch unit (one piece-all DS controls-$120) installed & now DS window works, but NONE of the other controls work. They sent a new switch-still the same. Needs programing??? HELP!

JoeB

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the same issue with my 07 Tahoe LTZ. Drivers window won't roll down...replaced the master switch, now nothing works except the drivers window! Dealership service advisors gave no clue what is wrong! Anyone have suggestions?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu