Downgrade LTZ Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5.3SLT

Reaction score
Hello all:

I’m in a love/hate relationship with my ‘15 LTZ. At the moment we’ve decided to keep it over a 2018 Traverse. (4 kids).

One of the (many) problems is a drivers side headlight housing that retains significant moisture requiring me to knock corrosion off the signal bulb base repeatedly.
Besides trying to find the compromised seal (which I don’t have the time for) I’d like to replace the both housings with aftermarket halogen units. I don’t think the HID headlights are that great to begin with and would like to put LED bulbs in the new aftermarket housings.

Is there anyway to downgrade the HID wiring harness to a stock LT halogen setup??

Thanks for any info.
759c42b8aa1220f01da04bd26b1e3cf3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe you’ll be okay with the wiring as is. Just be sure the aftermarket headlights don’t exclude the LTZ trim for compatibility.

OP
OP
5.3SLT

5.3SLT

Reaction score
I believe you’ll be okay with the wiring as is. Just be sure the aftermarket headlights don’t exclude the LTZ trim for compatibility.
That would be great! I’ll have to compare any (if any) differences between harness connections between the two types. If they’re the same, I’m golden! May be able to find diagrams on the web somewhere (RockAuto)?

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would be great! I’ll have to compare any (if any) differences between harness connections between the two types. If they’re the same, I’m golden! May be able to find diagrams on the web somewhere (RockAuto)?

The headlight connectors and pin outs are the same across the 2015-2020 K2XX SUVs. The differences are in where a few of the wires land in the vehicle and what signals the BCM is sending.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not look for a used one? Plenty of trucks out there wrecked in the rear and the headlights will be fine. Most junk yards that sell on eBay offer a 6 month warranty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts