2015 Tahoe aftermarket headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Medic_Alex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey y’all!
So I’m shopping aftermarket headlight assemblies and I keep coming across this issue. “Only fits models with factory halogen bulb types”. I’ve got a 2015 Tahoe LTZ with HID lows and halogen highs, I can’t get a clear answer anywhere on why I couldn’t purchase assemblies for halogens and then convert to LED or other HID bulbs. I have condensation in the lenses and need to replace them so I figured if I’m gonna replace may as well upgrade style too, right?
Anyone else had this issue or figured out how to get past it? Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
Medic_Alex

Medic_Alex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey y’all!
So I’m shopping aftermarket headlight assemblies and I keep coming across this issue. “Only fits models with factory halogen bulb types”. I’ve got a 2015 Tahoe LTZ with HID lows and halogen highs, I can’t get a clear answer anywhere on why I couldn’t purchase assemblies for halogens and then convert to LED or other HID bulbs. I have condensation in the lenses and need to replace them so I figured if I’m gonna replace may as well upgrade style too, right?
Anyone else had this issue or figured out how to get past it? Thanks in advance!

E82462C2-E00C-40A6-9A28-8285E4A9300A.jpeg

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
to start, this hasnt much hit as it is in the 2021 Up section....

no reason why you cant...but there may be issues with electronics, as you may know, as with any vehicle...there can be issues.

do you plan to upgrade the projector of the new light or just retro a different bulb ? i cannot see any halogen outperforming a design HID projector.

that said, the halogen projector out put on my 17 isnt all that bad, but it he bulbs have been upgraded. i run a morimoto 2 stroke 3.0, much closer to a high end hid projector.

other than most not offering a wiring option for hid to hid, i dont see any issue why you couldnt do this, but you may be on your own for making a harness if needed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9