Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02Yukon2500

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just picked up an 02 Yukon 2500, and I need to do some work on the headlights. Headlights need buffed out, etc. and have some cheap bulbs in there currently.

I've read a few threads, but with the speed that technology is changing, I'm worried some of that info may be outdated. I'm not after the absolute-best option - I'm interested in the best bang for the buck. I'd like to keep it mostly stock-appearing both in appearance (may doing a chrome delete, so aftermarket is an option if it helps there) as well as in light "color" (white is fine, but I don't want any blue). I also definitely don't want to blind on-coming traffic with my low beams.

What I'm leaning toward is LED bulbs in either the stock housings, or in Denali housings. While the Denali housings do look a little different, I'd be interested if the performance increase is significant. I considered doing an HID retrofit, but I don't know that with the recent advancements in LEDs, it's truly necessary. Not to mention going HID is much more expensive (10x), which greatly reduces it's advantage in the "bang for the buck" category.

I'm sure there are many on here that have done upgrades on the GMC side of things, and am curious whether it's worth switching to the Denali housings and what bulbs people have found best.

Thanks,

Danny

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
I put the SEALIGHT LED bulbs from Amazon in my 05 truck 2 years ago and they are still working and a huge improvement. I went with Marsauto LEDs in the 02 Escalade and same thing, they work perfect. Both sets came from Amazon. I only switched it up because I wanted to see if one was better than the other or if one lasted longer. So far they are both still working.

OP
OP

02Yukon2500

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm assuming that both were not fanless? I had looked at the Alla Lighting Xtreme, and they're fanless which I like (less to fail), but I'll check out those. Thanks.

Danny

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
LEDs with fans are not more likely to fail, even though they have more moving parts. The heat generated by high output LEDs must be dissipated , or the LEDs themselves will fail. LEDs with just heat sinks will accumulate road dust and grit on them, and if they are not occasionally blown out to keep them clean, their heat dissipation efficiency will deteriorate over time.

If you want much more light, then LEDs with fans are likely to be in your future.

I use GTR Ultra 2 LEDs , which generate an incredible amount of light when properly aligned with the headlight case. They are expensive, but they are guaranteed for life.

Just make sure that whatever brand of LED that you purchase is adjustable, in order to obtain the correct light beam pattern, as that is critically important.

Last edited:

Hank357

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I put the SEALIGHT LED bulbs from Amazon in my 05 truck 2 years ago and they are still working and a huge improvement. I went with Marsauto LEDs in the 02 Escalade and same thing, they work perfect. Both sets came from Amazon. I only switched it up because I wanted to see if one was better than the other or if one lasted longer. So far they are both still working.
Jim,
I installed a set of Sealight LED Bulbs on my 08 GMC Yukon XL and lost my DRL. I don't have any flickering or other problems. Did you have this problem? or Do you know a way to fix this?

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
Jim,
I installed a set of Sealight LED Bulbs on my 08 GMC Yukon XL and lost my DRL. I don't have any flickering or other problems. Did you have this problem? or Do you know a way to fix this?
No, I don’t have any flickering either. If they did, I would change to another brand and send them back.

salisburyv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i swapped out to the Sealight led h/l bulbs. i also put in some yellow fogs. just to be different, and i like the way it looks with the bright white. i also got rid of that orange bulb above the h/l bulb and put a nice white led bulb, not a perfect match but close enough for me. and the last piece of the puzzle for me... ya see, as you get older, things don't work like they used to... i installed a 3 row 20" led bar in the grille. i don't drive with it on obv, but holy crap!! just with the headlights its bright enough for me, now that they are adjusted properly. lol, when i put the led bar on its like daytime. i like it a lot...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan