Doors auto locking the keys inside while running??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blucas12

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys I just bought my first Tahoe! I recently wrapped my 05 Silverado around a tree so I wanted to try out a Tahoe this time. Found a 98,000 mile Tahoe LT with all the bells and whistles in Florida and just got done driving it home to Michigan

ISSUE!

In South Carolina I went to heat up the truck at the hotel. Started it, turned the heat on, closed the door to go back inside the hotel and the truck locked all the doors with the engine running about 5 seconds after I closed the door! I really can’t have this keep happening, living in Michigan I am ALWAYS heating my vehicle up

I have the automatic lock turned off with the steering wheel buttons, and automatic unlock set to when put in park. Seems to only lock the doors when I close the driver door with engine running every now and then, but I can’t heat my truck up if I can’t be confident it won’t lock me out! Any ideas? Maybe some kind of reset or try disconnecting the battery or something? I read about pulling the multifunction switch towards you, cycling the key twice, then hitting a sequence of the lock/unlock buttons but it wasn’t clear what that would actually do

OP
OP
Blucas12

Blucas12

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
May have thought of something. I noticed sometimes the PRNDL indication on the dash does not light up P when in park unless I wiggles the shifter a little bit. Maybe the truck is auto locking the doors because it thinks it is not in park?

OP
OP
Blucas12

Blucas12

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did not fix the issue. I have everything set to lock and unlock manually at this point. But still open the door, start truck, close door, all doors lock after a few seconds. Is there a way to turn off all auto locking and unlocking features?

OP
OP
Blucas12

Blucas12

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Huh. This is kinda frustrating me now. I can control everything through the DIC as far as locked when it comes out of park or with speed. I can unlock with in park, or key out, but still can’t get the doors to stop locking on their own after I start the truck up. Tried holding the multi function in, cycling the key twice, then all the combinations of the lock/unlock in the owners manual. Nothing changes :shrug:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huh. This is kinda frustrating me now. I can control everything through the DIC as far as locked when it comes out of park or with speed. I can unlock with in park, or key out, but still can’t get the doors to stop locking on their own after I start the truck up. Tried holding the multi function in, cycling the key twice, then all the combinations of the lock/unlock in the owners manual. Nothing changes :shrug:
does it have a aftermarket alarm? one of the features of some alarms is to autolock the doors after a few seconds
if you are not sure look under the kick panel under the steering wheel (or take the panel off) and see if there is anything wired up that does not look oem.

OP
OP
Blucas12

Blucas12

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
does it have a aftermarket alarm? one of the features of some alarms is to autolock the doors after a few seconds
if you are not sure look under the kick panel under the steering wheel (or take the panel off) and see if there is anything wired up that does not look oem.

It’s been around 5 degrees since I got it to Michigan mixed with an apartment complex parking lot so I haven’t checked for anything yet, no aftermarket fob or anything tho. But in florida I also noticed it auto rolls up the front windows sometimes when you start it and they’re down. Like I pull into the gas station with windows down, fill up, start it up and doors locked and windows rolled up. I know some newer cars you can auto roll up/down the windows with the key fob, but none of these trucks have that feature correct? If not, it sure sounds like an aftermarket security/remote start issue to me too. Roll the windows up and lock the doors after it’s remote started so no one can get in

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s been around 5 degrees since I got it to Michigan mixed with an apartment complex parking lot so I haven’t checked for anything yet, no aftermarket fob or anything tho. But in florida I also noticed it auto rolls up the front windows sometimes when you start it and they’re down. Like I pull into the gas station with windows down, fill up, start it up and doors locked and windows rolled up. I know some newer cars you can auto roll up/down the windows with the key fob, but none of these trucks have that feature correct? If not, it sure sounds like an aftermarket security/remote start issue to me too. Roll the windows up and lock the doors after it’s remote started so no one can get in
no none of these truck have ever had that feature from oem, not until very recently on the higher trim trucks k2xx I think you can program the windows to go up/down with a certain combination of button presses, so unless you have a really screwball gremlin it must be some kind of alarm setup.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the good news if it is a alarm setup, you can just order a fob for it and have it programmed/or program it and you should have decent alarm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rs401