Door mirrors, yes again.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
If you have a Tech 2 scan tool or someone close to you that might be willing to help...

Tech 2 clone is about $300.

Use it twice for anything and you will have earned your return on investment.

May not be possible in the budget for you right now, but something to put on the wishlist if you plan on keeping and working on older GM vehicles for a while.
@Rocketman23 check out the Tech 2 list. Maybe someone lives close by that has one.

OP
OP
Rocketman23

Rocketman23

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you have a Tech 2 scan tool or someone close to you that might be willing to help...

Tech 2 clone is about $300.

Use it twice for anything and you will have earned your return on investment.

May not be possible in the budget for you right now, but something to put on the wishlist if you plan on keeping and working on older GM vehicles for a while.
Yes, I just may have to invest in this at some point. Thank you for pointing this out.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I just may have to invest in this at some point. Thank you for pointing this out.
Did you see @Tonyrodz 's post? There is, apparently, a list of people who have a Tech 2. So if you can find it, you might get to meet one or more other members AND get access to a Tech 2. I think the standard fee is beer and pizza, but it may have gone up. :)

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

There's a link in this thread that you can open to see who's around your area. Might be good for us to know where you are, generally.

OP
OP
Rocketman23

Rocketman23

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm in longview Texas.

I had two different techs with the tech 2 scanner try to diagnosis it . Neither could. They said it would not let them into the ecm for the driver door module. They worked on it for an hour, no luck.

I'm sending the switch module back for a refund. I will buy a name brand quality switch this time and see what happens. Thanks

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
I'm in longview Texas.

I had two different techs with the tech 2 scanner try to diagnosis it . Neither could. They said it would not let them into the ecm for the driver door module. They worked on it for an hour, no luck.

I'm sending the switch module back for a refund. I will buy a name brand quality switch this time and see what happens. Thanks
Go OEM, I've bought 1 for each of the vehicles shown below and have not had to program them.

04 Silverado LT
05 Yukon Denali

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm in longview Texas.

That’s what I would do. If the tech2’s wouldn’t program them then it’s probably because they’re aftermarket. The tech2’s don’t like aftermarket stuff and in fact can “hang” when trying to program them and brick themselves or other modules in your truck. Even an aftermarket stereo can cause a tech2 to hang, I had it happen when trying to program an HVAC control in my 08 and it bricked it, it went completely blank. GM technical service figured out what happened and I was able to program a used replacement by removing the stereo fuse. They explained that when programming starts, the first thing the tech2 does is do a “ handshake” with all the modules in the vehicle and obtain their firmware version to check for updates. If it can’t communicate with any if them it will hang up. New genuine GM modules are expensive though so I understand the desire to save money. If the new OEM part doesn’t work correctly when you plug it in, you should be able to have it programmed.

OP
OP
Rocketman23

Rocketman23

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Would you have a link to the specific OEM part I'm needing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094