Door lock actuator failure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

k9lovr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had all 4 replaced in the last 11 months, passanger front then drivers door, while it was in they found that the two rear were also going bad as well so they replaced them as well.

dawvu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've had my 2008 hoe for more then two years now. I have come to the conclusion that GM builds pieces of crap and their is a reason they had to be bailed out by the government. The government was just too stupid to let them go.

biorob

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Driver side actuator went out on my 08 yukon (36K+ miles) last week and the dealership replaced it in about 30 minutes. Didn't even ask for warranty paperwork. Said GM got a bad batch.

STEVE-O

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine went out on my front passenger side. All I did was disconnect one of the cables that goes to it and it hasn't bothered me ever since!

bauer4567

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK... Although I havent had this problem on my 07 denali, my dads 08 escalade is having this problem on the front passenger door.

I figured I would look around and find a fix for him/replacement part, but I am not able to find a part number. Can anyone provide me more info like a part number, or perhaps a direct fit aftermarket with a link??

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
I just had to replace my drivers side door actuator on my 2009 Escalade, it was covered under warranty.

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK... Although I havent had this problem on my 07 denali, my dads 08 escalade is having this problem on the front passenger door.

I figured I would look around and find a fix for him/replacement part, but I am not able to find a part number. Can anyone provide me more info like a part number, or perhaps a direct fit aftermarket with a link??

It's a free fix from the dealer if it's under warranty. I'm surprised there isn't a recall or something on these

bauer4567

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He bought his escalade new in late 2008 (showroom car at our local dealer when they were getting the 2009s in), but he is well over the mileage for his warranty, he is currently at 89 or 92K, last time I looked.

We both put a whole lot of miles on our trucks for work...

Edit: I called our dealer this morning. They are going to replace all 4 of my dads actuators "before the rest of the junk goes bad". We buy at least a half dozen new pick-ups, GMC and Chevy, from this dealer every year, so they are pretty willing to help me and my dad out whenever we call.

Last edited:

a2t

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck getting better door lock actuators on the 07+ tahoe ?

There is a big thread going on here –

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f206d4b/84#MSG84

Some of the Chevy reps have been on and I set up a case # with them, its been useless to this point. They have instructed me how to go to the dealer and have those idiots replace the lock actuators a 3rd time. Im not really interested in burning up 2 days of my time for another set of crappy actuators.

If anyone knows where I can buy an alternate chevy door lock actuator that actually works, please post up. Perhaps another model with better reliability is interchangeable? Also, if anyone has any spare or broken actuators from the 07+ tahoe and will let me borrow them for a bit, I would like to take a closer look at see what can be done to fix this. I believe the issue is with the weak electric motor so perhaps there is a way to swap in a better motor.

front drivers p/n :258-763-86 (25876386)
front pass p/n :258-763-88 (25876388)
rear drivers p/n : 207-838-57 (20783857)
rear pass p/n :207-838-58 (20783858)

Email me directly – paul at gruvenparts dot com. We do this all day long with VW/Audi/BMW junk, theres plenty of that to go around too. As always - free parts to those who help us if we build new ones …

Paul
08 Tahoe Hybrid

Tom-JerseyShore

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
3 out of 4 is a 75% failure!

Has anyone had their door lock actuators go out?? I have had both the drivers door and the passenger front door actuators go out. Luckily the extended warranty covered them. NOW my passenger rear door lock actuator went out.. DOes anyone know if there is a TSB on this problem. I have been on the phone with GM corporate all week and they refuse to admit there is a problem with them. I am at the point where i just want the last 2 actuators replaced now, so I quit wasting my time. I told them that I was disgusted at the piece of crap units they used during assembly. I did notice on the units that were replaced that they were manufactured by a totally different company.

I have a 2009 Tahoe Hybrid and 3 out of 4 of mine went and they told me they would "look into it" and the service manager said he has never heard of such a thing....Total BS! He said he would have to see if Chevy would "help out" only because I get my truck serviced at Chevy.... What does one have to do with the other???? Nothing!!!! This is ALL crap!!!!