Door lock actuator failure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bauer4567

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2009 Tahoe Hybrid and 3 out of 4 of mine went and they told me they would "look into it" and the service manager said he has never heard of such a thing....Total BS! He said he would have to see if Chevy would "help out" only because I get my truck serviced at Chevy.... What does one have to do with the other???? Nothing!!!! This is ALL crap!!!!

Go to another dealer.... right away.... then contact GM about it.... They are well aware of the problem and are fixing them in all 18 cases that it has come up with my truck, my dads, stepmoms, and the other company vehicles we own... get another dealer....

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tom-JerseyShore,
If you would like to send me your complete contact information (name, phone number, address, email address) along with VIN number and name of your local dealer I would like to look into this for you.
Breanne
Chevrolet Customer Service

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

Syndicatesteve,
If you would like to send me your complete contact information (name, phone number, address, email address) along with VIN number and name of your local dealer I would like to look into this for you.
Breanne
Chevrolet Customer Service

bjeremi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My front passenger side one is going out on my 2008 Tahoe Hydrid with 43K on the clock. Anybody have an idea what dealerships are charging to fix this?

Fitz08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, my front drivers side went out at about 15000 the rear drivers side around 20000 and the front passenger around 30000. One of the main reasons this is the first truck I ever bought an extended warranty on. Pretty sad! And just to clarify I have already got back my 2300 I spent on the warranty on warranty work. Even sadder:mad3:

01rc51

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
had my driver door fixed a couple of months ago. Now the passanger door goes out on the same side. which one will be next?

01rc51

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The dealer told me I was out of luck. I'm going to have to pay to replace the part. Great!!

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mlwald79,

Your lock actuator may need to be replaced. This is just a suggestion, not a diagnosis. I suggest you take your vehicle in to be inspected. A certified technician should be able to offer a more accurate diagnosis after a physical inspection.

Please keep us posted.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service

Togo08

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Isn't this a safety issue?

Louis,
Not having the door locks actuate when the vehicle is in motion seems to be a safety issue.
I just took my '08 Yukon in to the dealer in Santa Fe and he found 4 out of the 5 actuatord have failed.
I'm having him fix them/ replace them, so my small children don't open the door since the automatic locks don't work.
Is GM doing anything about a recall on these?
Thanks for your time, Bob

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Louis,
Not having the door locks actuate when the vehicle is in motion seems to be a safety issue.
I just took my '08 Yukon in to the dealer in Santa Fe and he found 4 out of the 5 actuatord have failed.
I'm having him fix them/ replace them, so my small children don't open the door since the automatic locks don't work.
Is GM doing anything about a recall on these?
Thanks for your time, Bob

Hey Bob...

Do your child safety locks not work? Just thinking of the safest bet for your little ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo

Latest posts