Does it fit in Garage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twistedwhisky

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does it fit in Garage? Yep, Pix

This might be a silly question but you fellas with NNBS z71s with ccm 2.5 front 1.0 rear and 285/65/18 tires, do they still fit in a standard 7ft garage door? The wife says i can do whatever i want to her wagon as long as she doesn't have to park outside! I appreciate any help you can offer.

Last edited:

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A standard NNBS Hoe is 77 inches or 6.42 feet, leaving you approx. 7 inches to play with (gigitty) ... not sure how much taller the Z71 is + the kit you want to install, but you might have to KY the ceiling.

How attached are you to the roof rack?

Oh and welcome to TYF! :)

Cartwright

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would think you should be able to fit. Some garage doors are shorter then others though.

OP
OP
twistedwhisky

twistedwhisky

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome Soulsea! I think if i had to remove anything just removing the crossrails would give another inch or so. I've got the credit card out ready to order the CCM 2.5"/1" leveling kit and BFG T/A KOs. I would just hate to find out after its done (and bada$$ looking) that it doesn't fit. The overall diameter of the stock tire (Duellers) is 31.5 and the BFG is 32.8. So I figure with the 1" spacer and new tires it shouldn't be more than 2" taller in the rear. I measured it stock and have about 6" of clearance. If i'm an idiot please advise. Thanks!

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dustin, as you will inevitably discover as you make your way through this community, my validation is considered the ultimate empty gesture and should never result in any form of reassurance, nor is it a foundation on which to make a sound decision. That is to say that I am the least qualified person to gage others' idiocy level given that mine is off the charts. :)

It sounds to me like your calculations are correct, but there are many more folks who are truly qualified to tell you for sure ... including some with the setup you're looking to go with who could probably go and measure an exact height for you.

But I'll be here for the moral support and stuff. :)

emann_01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have 2.5 front and 1.5 rear leveling kit with 295/65/18 duratracs and mine barely squeezes under the door. I had to reposition my roof rack to get it to slide in without bumping the door.

(my garage door is a old and hangs a little bit and I have a small lip of concrete right at my garage entrance)

Night Fury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my neighboor has NBS z71 with front leveling kit (i beleive durastar) with A/T's dont remember which ones and it fits barely with no rubbing on roof rack.

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im running 6"s and 35s NBS and my roof racks bump the garage door and the antenna.. well it smacks the shit out of the door.. i barley skinny in. all i can say is do like i did,. screw it ill find out once it is lifted.. but i feel you will be fine....

ae5e6c15.jpg

010d6094.jpg

Last edited:

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This might be a silly question but you fellas with NNBS z71s with ccm 2.5 front 1.0 rear and 285/65/18 tires, do they still fit in a standard 7ft garage door?

I have pretty much the same setup and it fits but just barely (I also have the roof rack cross rails on). Others have fit NNBS Tahoes with 4-inch lift and larger tires, but I honestly do not know how they get it in a standard garage opening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n