The Changing Escalade Seat Colors Saga

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m1949

LS364/450
Reaction score
I suspect there aren't many Escalade owners who prefer something other than gray, beige or black interior in our NBS 2002-2006 Eskys. After all, GM spent a fortune in market research to discover which three colors we'd happilysettle for. But for those of us who insist on coloring outside the lines, I've done a bit checking and will share what I found.

First, most prefab seat cover makers only offer the three OE colors I mentioned. However, I found two notable exceptions who seem to have good color selections and good reviews. They are Katzkin and Leatherseats.com. Now there is a catch with Katzkin: They don't offer kits for OBS and NBS Escalades. They say it has something to do with respect, or professional courtesy for "quality" automakers whose cars come only equipped with leather. (Yeah, makes no sense to me either. I think the real issue is lack of market demand for other than OE colors. This seems to be born out by the fact that they do offer NNBS Escalade kits.) But I digress. The point is if you want say dark red face/pewter sides two-tone seats to compliment the pewter interior of your NBS Esky you are out of luck with Katzkin.

But there is still a way.

I guess Katzkin could hear the incredulous tone of my disappointment that they don't make a product of '06 Escalades, so they referred me to Leatherseats.com A different story there. Where Katzkin was evasive when I suggested a work around of using the 06 Avalanche kit, not so with Leatherseats. The configurator on their website allowed me to input year, make and model. But it only showed a kit with 2nd row bucket seats. My Esky has 40/60 split bench second row. So, I called them. They acknowledged the "glitch" in the program. As with Katzkin I suggested a work around, this time by using a Yukon kit which has the option of the split bench seat. The sales rep said he would need to verify it will work. He also suggested I call a couple of the installers in my area they refer clients to and seek what they had to day. I did. The first person said "yep, no difference." The second guy said, "I don't know for sure. Let me check a schematic." He did, and said, "look the same to me. If there are any differences they are minor and I can make it work." (I love a "can do" attitude.

The cost you ask? $1224.00 +$80 for material to cover the door trim inserts and center console. This is for two rows only, 2 front buckets and split second row seat with full face leather and vinyl sides and back, two-tone with dark red face/pewter side and back, perforated seat combo. These prices DO NOT include installation. That you must work out with your local upholsterer. The verbal quotes I got from the installers I spoke with were $800-$1000 including reupolstering the door trim and console. Mind you, those are MS Gulf (aka red neck paradise) prices.

So there you have it. Leatherseats.com will make new seat covers for your 02-06 NBS Eskies in any combination of more that 65 colors! Plus, the two installers I spoke with gave Leatherseats high praise for material quality, workmanship and support.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting read through! Good info to know! For S H I T S and giggles I looked up the sight. They don’t show options for a Yukon Denali, older than 2007, which if I was ordering new leather would not work for my truck as 2007 is gmt900 platform. When I clicked on regular Yukon, it allowed me to choose 2006, but for mid row seating the only option it allowed me to choose was for a bench seat, which my Denali does not have. Mine has mid row buckets. Interesting they way their system works and generates options.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17