DOD FAILED. CAM THOUGHTS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackHoe13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I plan to delete the dod and vvt soon on my 13 Tahoe. I have all the parts. Going with the BTR torque cam. Just trying to decide who I want to tune it. No one local where I live. As of right now I want to go with blackbear. I have experience with Lund tuning and the ngauge, data-logging etc with my wife’s 17 mustang GT so I’m assuming the autocal will be similar.

BlackHoe13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’ll be making a build thread but just wanted to update everyone. Most of the parts are here and I’ve begun.
Have you started the thread yet? Can’t wait to see the progress. Who will be doing your tune?

OP
OP
D

decembersend

Reaction score
Have you started the thread yet? Can’t wait to see the progress. Who will be doing your tune?

I haven’t started it yet. Between working 13hr days, my wife’s birthday, decorating the house for Christmas I only get half of Sunday to work on it. But today I finally got everything ripped apart 100% and I will clean the heads tomorrow after work.

I found a shop local in Sarasota Skip’s Automotive that will Dyno tune it. They’ve done Sierra’s and Corvettes

Progress

Attachments

• 3E2603E7-8CE4-4C5D-AB4F-475CB508BB6F.jpeg
    3E2603E7-8CE4-4C5D-AB4F-475CB508BB6F.jpeg
    465.3 KB · Views: 16
  • C1C8F49F-7CB6-47C9-9350-B2E022A31E3C.jpeg
    C1C8F49F-7CB6-47C9-9350-B2E022A31E3C.jpeg
    507.2 KB · Views: 15
OP
OP
D

decembersend

Reaction score
Just realized this. The springs I ordered from Texas Speed didn't come with new valve stem locks. Can I use the old ones or is it best to buy new ones?

This is a quote from their site.

"*Our dual valve spring kit utilizes GM factory valve stem locks, which are not included"

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just realized this. The springs I ordered from Texas Speed didn't come with new valve stem locks. Can I use the old ones or is it best to buy new ones?

This is a quote from their site.

"*Our dual valve spring kit utilizes GM factory valve stem locks, which are not included"

You can reuse your old ones, no problem.

BlackHoe13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I haven’t started it yet. Between working 13hr days, my wife’s birthday, decorating the house for Christmas I only get half of Sunday to work on it. But today I finally got everything ripped apart 100% and I will clean the heads tomorrow after work.

I found a shop local in Sarasota Skip’s Automotive that will Dyno tune it. They’ve done Sierra’s and Corvettes

Progress
Awesome! Can’t wait to tear into mine. Looks like I’m going with blackbear. No local dynos here, rural Alabama…

BlackHoe13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Progress
Is your truck 4wd/AWD? If so did you drop the front diff or let it hang to remove the oil pan? When I do my delete I’m replacing the oil pump. Going back with a gen 3 pan also. Just wondering if I have to drop the diff completely out.

OP
OP
D

decembersend

Reaction score
Is your truck 4wd/AWD? If so did you drop the front diff or let it hang to remove the oil pan? When I do my delete I’m replacing the oil pump. Going back with a gen 3 pan also. Just wondering if I have to drop the diff completely out.
My truck is 2WD thought about 4WD before I bought it but I decided to do 2WD.

OP
OP
D

decembersend

Reaction score
Can anyone with a 6.2L L94 answer this question?

I’m finally able to get around to working on the install of the Delete. When I placed the order with Texas speed I had some questions for them in regards to the engine codes the website was saying. It kept referring to the L92 and I have a L94 they assured me everything will work. Ok cool I ordered everything and found out they didn’t ship my valley cover, called them up and they shipped it right out but while I was on the phone with them they told me I was sent the wrong CAM Phaser they sent me one for a LT4 5450, they sent me a new one and it’s for a L92 5456.

So I’ve been trying for the past hour to get the spring lock to stay in place and it keeps popping out. So after some research of my own I found a part number for the L94 5460.

So questions are:

Will the L92 CAM Phaser work?

Is the cam for an L92 going to work in an L94?

I wouldn’t have questioned it but the whole CAM Phaser thing makes me think everything is incorrect

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700