DJM Sway Bar Link and LCA Relocation Kit Doesn't Fit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drdave81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm working on installing the DJM kit and nothing seems to be lining up. The sway bar won't move over far enough to bolt onto the link before it hits the shock.
20210616_164530.jpg
The lower control arm relocation bracket won't sit flush, this I assume because their kit may not work with the Belltech shock relocation bracket?
20210616_162047.jpg

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm working on installing the DJM kit and nothing seems to be lining up. The sway bar won't move over far enough to bolt onto the link before it hits the shock.
View attachment 304740
The lower control arm relocation bracket won't sit flush, this I assume because their kit may not work with the Belltech shock relocation bracket?
View attachment 304741

Just guesses here:

Are you sure you have the offset links on their correct sides?

I think you need the DJM style of shock extender to run the LCA relocators.

Also, is your axle centered? I see you have an adjustable panhard bar. Make sure your axle isn't too far to the left.

OP
OP
drdave81

drdave81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The pass side of the bar won't even move far enough to bolt onto the link. The driver side hasn't been bolted on yet, so nothing to cause an issue.
Yes the axle is centered.

I'll check about the shock extenders.

Byoung1330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 304740
View attachment 304741
Here is a pic of mine. Hope this helps Also the relocation bracket for the lower control arm WILL NOT work with belltech shock extension or any made that way. I’ve lowered bout 6 of these Tahoe’s including mine an they do not fit. Have to use mcgaughys shock extenders as u can look up an see how different they are.

Attachments

• 1615DF46-7315-4569-AA59-0FFE95A31B14.png
    1615DF46-7315-4569-AA59-0FFE95A31B14.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 75
  • 1B00C023-30B4-4219-9870-0D190643907C.png
    1B00C023-30B4-4219-9870-0D190643907C.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 77

Byoung1330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also u should of kept your lower control arms bolted In before doing the sway bar links. Bolt them back in. Do not use shock extenders. Don’t need them anyway with the belltech shocks. For the time being. Order some mcgaughy shock extenders. Then after hooking lower arms back up do the end links

Byoung1330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could of threw your rear end out of wack when u un done the control arms. May be the issue for sway bar not working

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a pic of mine. Hope this helps Also the relocation bracket for the lower control arm WILL NOT work with belltech shock extension or any made that way. I’ve lowered bout 6 of these Tahoe’s including mine an they do not fit. Have to use mcgaughys shock extenders as u can look up an see how different they are.

It also looks like your offset end link (passenger side) has the bar welded to the center of the bushed ends whereas the OP's upper bushed end is off center.

OP
OP
drdave81

drdave81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the one control arm unbolted, but hadn't dropped the axle, so it hadn't shifted on me. I was able to swing it right back in place last night when I put it back together. I did notice the one part of the pass side link being welded off to the side. I'll contact DJM regarding that, it's about the only reason I can see it not fitting.

I'll have to pick up the McGaughys shock extenders since I'm lowered 4" in the rear. I was under the impression they're required being that low.

Thanks for the feedback everyone

Byoung1330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the one control arm unbolted, but hadn't dropped the axle, so it hadn't shifted on me. I was able to swing it right back in place last night when I put it back together. I did notice the one part of the pass side link being welded off to the side. I'll contact DJM regarding that, it's about the only reason I can see it not fitting.

I'll have to pick up the McGaughys shock extenders since I'm lowered 4" in the rear. I was under the impression they're required being that low.

Thanks for the feedback everyone
It’s recommended for more travel but if u have drop shocks it’s not gonna hurt anything to ride that way for a bit

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 304740
View attachment 304741

Doooooood. I just looked up the DJM stuff for another member with a NBS and the pic of the kit I saw had sway bar links with less offset. The ones you have look like mine on my NNBS. I didn't think there was any real difference between the two generations, and maybe that's just a stock photo. But I had to mention it, just in case.

DJM RK2000: https://djmsuspension.com/product/rk2000/

rk2000insrt_edit.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01