DJM Sway Bar Link and LCA Relocation Kit Doesn't Fit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
drdave81

drdave81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doooooood. I just looked up the DJM stuff for another member with a NBS and the pic of the kit I saw had sway bar links with less offset. The ones you have look like mine on my NNBS. I didn't think there was any real difference between the two generations, and maybe that's just a stock photo. But I had to mention it, just in case.

DJM RK2000: https://djmsuspension.com/product/rk2000/

View attachment 304843

Doooooood. I just looked up the DJM stuff for another member with a NBS and the pic of the kit I saw had sway bar links with less offset. The ones you have look like mine on my NNBS. I didn't think there was any real difference between the two generations, and maybe that's just a stock photo. But I had to mention it, just in case.

DJM RK2000: https://djmsuspension.com/product/rk2000/

View attachment 304843
I had seen that as well, I figured it was a stock photo as well. But zooming in on it now, the instructions show RK2000, which is the same part number as what I ordered and received. I'll reach out to them today and see what's up.

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
I'm working on installing the DJM kit and nothing seems to be lining up. The sway bar won't move over far enough to bolt onto the link before it hits the shock.
View attachment 304740
The lower control arm relocation bracket won't sit flush, this I assume because their kit may not work with the Belltech shock relocation bracket?
View attachment 304741
While your in their those rotors are unsafe and toast- might want to do rear brakes now also.

Colby_e32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would not recommend sticking the belltech shock relocation brackets between the DJM trailering arm relocator bracket.

You will need DJM or mcgaughys style shock relocation brackets if you dont plan to get the proper length drop shocks.

Also, when installing the djm endlink kit, it is best to install the swaybar links with the truck on the ground, at right height. Problem is when the axle is off the ground, it pushes to the right about 1" or more. At right height, or on the ground per say the axle will be further to the left, therefore allowing you to bolt up the endlinks properly.

be sure on the left side swaybar frame bracket, you have moved it over, and drilled 1 new hole, this allows the swaybar to properly be installed.

Hope this helps.

colt45hoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
when i lowered my escalade a couple months ago i threw those DJM relocation brackets in the garbage after i pulled them off cause they fought me and my truck didnt sit right with them on! in my op i dont see the point of them, but i ordered them cause i saw everyone saying they ran them! tony "norcalSS" told me to take them off thats when i did and my truck sits perfect and rides great in the back.

for the relocation end links did you drill the new holes on the driver side ?

i have 4" belltech 5305 coils in the back with the shock extenders and drop shocks its LOW on 24s and rides great with no control arm relocation brackets this is JUST my experience every truck is different tho.

OP
OP
drdave81

drdave81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, slow to follow up on this. I talked to DJM and they basically said the link looks fine. So, I tried reinstalling. Lifted the rear of the vehicle, axle sitting at ride height. Shifted the bar over to the new mounting spot on the driver side. Installed the driver side link and it shoved the sway bar right into the shock on the pass side. I can't even get the bar lifted up far enough to bolt up to the pass side link. I sent DJM pics again, waiting for a reply.

Oh, and those crusty brakes have been replaced lol.

Attachments

• 20210805_150559.jpg
    20210805_150559.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 15

ks03

Fool Excess Member
Reaction score
Have a pic looking up at the drivers side alignment similar to their instructions?41944827-E2DF-4AD7-B2DE-A746EF3037A9.jpeg

ks03

Fool Excess Member
Reaction score
View attachment 247612 So i ended up 180 on the driver side and left the passenger side the way it was. It was the only way I could fit the link inside the sway bar. The instructions show a picture with the bar on the inside but mention to bolt it to the outside. My axle is centered and there is no contact at all so I’m happy.

looks like you’re not the first, and the directions maybe wrong, sounds like flipping the driver side link to switch the direction of the off set, and mounting the bar to the outer side worked for that guy

wording from the instructions are
Apply some grease to the bushing and bolt the driver side end link to the factory upper mount using factory hardware. The lower end is offset to the passenger side. Bolt the sway bar to the outside of the end link using 1/2” x 2-3/4” bolts (Fig # 7).
Which is opposite the picture in the instructions, but how it is in the first attachment in this post

Last edited:
OP
OP
drdave81

drdave81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have a shot of the driver side currently, but that's how I was trying to bolt it up, was on the right side of the driver side link, as you're looking at it. Just as their picture showed. I may try it the way the other picture you attached shows, flipping the link and seeing if that will give me the clearance needed. Thanks for finding that!

OP
OP
drdave81

drdave81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, after getting back under there, flipping the driver side won't matter since I think the passenger side link is still welded wrong. The passenger side link will still be in the same position, unless I put serious tension on the sway bar, which will end up snapping an end link. The passenger side end link is pushing the sway bar out too far, causing it to interfere with the shock. If the welds were both centered on the end link, it would pull the mount point for the sway bar away from the shock.

Attachments

• CloseUp2.png
    CloseUp2.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
  • CloseUp1.png
    CloseUp1.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne