Dissable TPMS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You want TPMS for the GMT800 platform? (Not judging, just confused)
Ah, hell naw! I was referring to AutoSync. Lol. But indeed, the NBS did have TPMS starting in 2004 IIRC, the year after my Yukon. I’m happy to not have to deal with that nanny.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah, hell naw! I was referring to AutoSync. Lol. But indeed, the NBS did have TPMS starting in 2004 IIRC, the year after my Yukon. I’m happy to not have to deal with that nanny.
I have been told, but have not been able to test, that if you switch to a 2003 cluster, TPMS goes away. :)

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t think it was available in ‘03. Could be wrong..
Take my 04... It came with TPMS.

If 03 did not have TMPS and 03 cluster has no TMPS yellow warning light on the cluster, wouldn't my 04 (or BCM or whatever watches TPMS) computer still send text to display on the 03 DIC saying "Service Tire Pressure Monitor" if I put that 03 cluster into my 04? If that makes any sense.

Cluster and display are dummy devices displaying (or not) whatever the computers are telling them. I would think.

Last edited:

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take my 04... It came with TPMS.

If 03 did not have TMPS and 03 cluster has no TMPS yellow warning light on the cluster, wouldn't my 04 (or BCM or whatever watches TPMS) computer still send text to display on the 03 DIC saying "Service Tire Pressure Monitor" if I put that 03 cluster into my 04? If that makes any sense.

Cluster and display are dummy devices displaying (or not) whatever the computers are telling them. I would think.
Gotcha. Sorry, I misunderstood. I agree, the BCM (presumably), would still likely send a message to be displayed on the DIC.