Dissable TPMS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
nonickatall

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't know anything about GM, but when I bought a 2006 Toyota Tundra years ago, I didn't like the system. Went to the local dealer and got a wiring diagram of the dash cluster unit. Clipped the wires to the warning light, and removed the sensors. No more TPMS.
Thanks, but that doesn't make sense for me, because then the message would still appear in the display. If it could have simply been disabled by programming, I would do so. But due to the lack of that possibilty I will repair the system.
Its only four tire pressure sensors that I have to get. Not a big deal.

Reaction score
Local tire shops want $75 each for a new sensor installed. $300 for a set could be a big deal to some

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, but that doesn't make sense for me, because then the message would still appear in the display. If it could have simply been disabled by programming, I would do so. But due to the lack of that possibilty I will repair the system.
Its only four tire pressure sensors that I have to get. Not a big deal.
For me I suspect it is simply political; I don't like having useless electronics mandated on my stuff. I'm not sure if you've seen my other posts on this or not but, basically, if I'm not fixing my tires when the pressure is low already, I'm not going to pay attention to an idiot light/stupid message. I just want to be left alone -- you know?

OP
OP
nonickatall

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For me I suspect it is simply political; I don't like having useless electronics mandated on my stuff. I'm not sure if you've seen my other posts on this or not but, basically, if I'm not fixing my tires when the pressure is low already, I'm not going to pay attention to an idiot light/stupid message. I just want to be left alone -- you know?
Well I wasn't designing the system, i just asked... :cool:

OP
OP
nonickatall

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unbelievable, today I was looking for new sensors and for some reason I didn't finish the purchase. I saw, that the part of the valve, which is coming out of the rim is different to normal valves.

I had to do something else on my car and so I took a look at my rims and saw, that must be sensors... So I thought: "Try to calibrate again". Last time I did it, I was filling my left front tire a very long time, but it doesn't horn, so tell me that it calibrated this tire. And I did that twice. This time immediately worked, so I filled all four tires and believe it, or not. It works.:banghead:

Now the yellow lamp is off and the message "check tire pressure" does not appear when I start the car.

So I fixed the system only with air... :favorites37:

But one question is left. When I set the system in calibration mode, by setting the park brake and switch on and off the light switch 4 times, I have to fill in air or remove air until the system horns at every tire.

But I can bring the tire to the correct pressure afterwards. I saw that in the menu, when I go to tire pressure, there is 0 PSI at all four tires and after I drive first time, I saw the correct tire pressure.

Does that mean, that the system calibrates to that pressure on first drive?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos