Dissable TPMS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't get the yellow cluster warning light on mine. Just the DIC message every time I start the truck.

I have no sensors at all.

My rims were from a 2010 and had 2010 (incompatible) TMPS sensors on them when I got them. I just got 4 new tires. I did not want to pay for new sensors, so I had the shop put in regular valve stems. No sensors.

OP
OP
nonickatall

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the yellow warning light. Why ever...

I don't understand why there are two messages, one in the display "check tire pressure" and the yellow light. Does anybody has an idea?

Attachments

• 20230306_130135.JPG
    20230306_130135.JPG
    238.2 KB · Views: 7
OP
OP
nonickatall

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dash light (telltale) is mandated by law; the DIC message is more detailed and optional.
I appreciate your knowledge and what else you write here, but here you are probably wrong.

When my winter tires were on the car, where the sensors seemed to be working but the system wasn't calibrated, i always got the message "check tire pressure", but never the yellow light.

And an buddy who also drives a late Escalade, which according to his reading device the front left sensor is defective, only has the message: "check tire pressure" as well as @MassHoe04 obviously too.

When I mounted on my summer wheels, where I suspect that there were no sensors at all, I first only got the message "check tire pressure".

This came 2-3 days and suddenly the yellow light came on.

I was able to delete the yellow light, with my reader. Error message was something like: "Can't detect sensor wheel 1,2,3,4."

The error came back after a few kilometers of driving.

From my logic i would assume here must be a difference if the system detects, that the "tire air pressure" is out of calibration, or if sensors have failed, which, as I said, is not the case with my friend and @MassHoe04. Probably a issue of production date, but my buddys escalate is a 2005 and mine is a 2006.

Mine is a European model and my buddys car is a import von Texas. But at this time in Europe it was not duty to have such System, as you wrote, was already in the US. That also, don't fit to my and your theory.

Strange

Or we found a glitch in the matrix? That is the most likely reason. :Big Laugh:

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I appreciate your knowledge and what else you write here, but here you are probably wrong.

When my winter tires were on the car, where the sensors seemed to be working but the system wasn't calibrated, i always got the message "check tire pressure", but never the yellow light.

And an buddy who also drives a late Escalade, which according to his reading device the front left sensor is defective, only has the message: "check tire pressure" as well as @MassHoe04 obviously too.

When I mounted on my summer wheels, where I suspect that there were no sensors at all, I first only got the message "check tire pressure".

This came 2-3 days and suddenly the yellow light came on.

I was able to delete the yellow light, with my reader. Error message was something like: "Can't detect sensor wheel 1,2,3,4."

The error came back after a few kilometers of driving.

From my logic i would assume here must be a difference if the system detects, that the "tire air pressure" is out of calibration, or if sensors have failed, which, as I said, is not the case with my friend and @MassHoe04. Probably a issue of production date, but my buddys escalate is a 2005 and mine is a 2006.

Mine is a European model and my buddys car is a import von Texas. But at this time in Europe it was not duty to have such System, as you wrote, was already in the US. That also, don't fit to my and your theory.

Strange

Or we found a glitch in the matrix? That is the most likely reason. :Big Laugh:
Generally "check tire pressure" indicates 1 or more tires are reporting low pressure

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just continue to hit the button on the steering wheel to make it go away. It has to be done after every start, but I really don't care. Doesn't bother me enough to go out and get a set of new sensors.

Hitting the button after startup has become part of the pre-flight procedures for me. No big deal. Not spending $ on that silly thing. I check my tires fairly regularly and fill as needed before they become a problem.
I have winter and summer tires for my 08 and 17 Denalis. I just hit the FOEGET button and move on with my day. I can tell when a tire looks/feels low so I will check as needed. I'm not reprogramming wheels for 5 months. Luckily buying from slat free states gets rid of rim rot for the most part

OP
OP
nonickatall

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Generally "check tire pressure" indicates 1 or more tires are reporting low pressure
What else? :Big Laugh: I am sure that it don't indicate "low oil pressure".. :cool:

But what then tells the yellow light in the instrument cluster?

I think today I will do "rtfm" of my car...:favorites37:

OP
OP
nonickatall

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I have an idea where the behavior comes from. I think the yellow lamp probably comes on when the car detects the sensors, but they suddenly fail while driving. The lamp probably doesn't come on if the sensors aren't there at all, then only comes the "Check tire pressure" message.

I think that's because my winter tires are stored near the Escalade and the car probably makes a connection to the sensors, when I drive off and of course loses them after a few meters.

And the message alone comes when you haven't calibrate your system, or your system is calibrated and the tire pressure is starting to change.

That would at least be a plausible explanation why @MassHoe04 and my buddy not get the yellow lamp, but a message.

Today I will drive five hundred kilometers, so I will delete the lamp and look if my theory is correct...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman