1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did a 6.0 swap in your 1/2T....what cam did you use in the 6.0?

Discussion in 'Engine & Drivetrain' started by mattt, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540 Full Access Member

Name:
    Dan
    This is why I suggested either a low lift cam or dual springs. I should have taken my own advice :banghead: 20200916_230001.jpg 20200916_191238.jpg 20200916_191510.jpg

2. mattt

mattt Full Access Member

Name:
    Matt
    Ouch! Looks like that head is done for? Do you know what caused this or what happened right before it went bang? What springs were you running with the cam? I have been considering the TSP stg 2 high lift cam kit which came with springs included and the other necessary parts. Good luck with getting that back in shape and together again. Did you ever run your 6.0 with the factory 1721 cam for comparison sake?

I do see the value in not going high lift and leaving a bit on the table, with the Summit cam very appealing at this point if I decide to not use the factory cam. I'd love to see comparison head to head like the Holdener videos of stock 6.0 vs mildly modified 6.0(a little head work and a cam change) I am going to have some head work done prior to installing, multi angle valve job, spring change, and bowl blend. In the past, I've had conversations with long time engine builders and I've heard this mentioned numerous times by more than one of them. Big heads, smaller cam....you'll be pleasantly surprised by that combo. Thank you all for the info so far. Hope the information continues to flow in here.

3. 91RS

91RS Full Access Member

Name:
    D
    Just get better Quality springs and you won’t have to worry about it. PSI 1511 or if your cam is bigger than those get the BTR duals.