Diagnose-No Power/No Air Flowing In Rear Vents

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here’s another video that explains how the system works. I suspect you have a defective blower motor or resistor if the fuses are good and you get no fan blowing.

Here’s a link to another possible problem, check this connector in the driver side kick panel.

Rear blower motor resistor replacement.

And here's one on figuring out if its the resistor or motor. This video is for the front but the rear is the same.

Good luck!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thank you rocket man. not sure what you mean i can control the rear from the front. HERE ARE MY CONTROL KNOBS. LET ME KNOW HOW TO OPERATE THESE KNOBS?
thank you.
I see you only have the one control for the rear. My Denali has a second control that the rear passengers can access. The forward one can be set to control the rear HVAC or set so its controlled from the rear control head.

OP
OP
crabbman

crabbman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thank you this helps. tomorrow i will start at the blower motor. look at it first, then maybe go to oreillys for the resistor.. if i can get the blower to run i feel the actuator doors will be much easier to fix or not to fix.
will update later tomorrow. thank you.

OP
OP
crabbman

crabbman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WENT TO OREILLYS. WAS TOLD TO DO MULTI-METER TEST FOR CONTINUITY. CHECKED ALL WIRES AND CONNECTORS. THE SCREEN NEVER CHANGED ON ALL MY PROBING. SO I FEEL CONFIDENT TO ORDER THE RESISTOR AT $104.76. OUCH!
I HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE RESISTOR IS IN GRAND JUNCTION. TOMORROW PRAY FOR CONECTIVITY WITH HOT AND COLD RUNNING AIR!
IT WAS ACTUALLY FUN TAKING OFF ALL THE PLASTIC SHROUDS AND LOOKING AT THIS GREAT DESIGN FOR A A/C MACHINE.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WENT TO OREILLYS. WAS TOLD TO DO MULTI-METER TEST FOR CONTINUITY. CHECKED ALL WIRES AND CONNECTORS. THE SCREEN NEVER CHANGED ON ALL MY PROBING. SO I FEEL CONFIDENT TO ORDER THE RESISTOR AT $104.76. OUCH!
I HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE RESISTOR IS IN GRAND JUNCTION. TOMORROW PRAY FOR CONECTIVITY WITH HOT AND COLD RUNNING AIR!
IT WAS ACTUALLY FUN TAKING OFF ALL THE PLASTIC SHROUDS AND LOOKING AT THIS GREAT DESIGN FOR A A/C MACHINE.
Excellent. Hope this fixes the problem for you. That said, you might want to turn your caps lock off. All capital letters means you are shouting on the internet. It is okay for EMPHASIS, but if the whole thing is capitalized, it tends to make people not take your posts seriously.

Good luck!

MikeW

Reaction score
I have an 2002 Tahoe and had the same problem for almost a year....chasing fuses, blower direction valves etc - turned out to be rear blower motor - that's it!

OP
OP
crabbman

crabbman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you Mike w. You got lucky just like me. I went with the symptoms i first got that my daughter told me. i then poked at all wires and connectors from the resistor to the blower motor with my Multi meter.
The screen never changed. This gave me the confidence to pay Oriellys $104.76 for a new resistor. took just a few minutes to plug in, went up front to turn on ignition,no motor, and Wow the blower motor was loud and blowing very strong air. Wow this really blew my mind, so satisfying!

20201014_150610[1].jpg 20201014_150637[1].jpg

OP
OP
crabbman

crabbman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excellent. Hope this fixes the problem for you. That said, you might want to turn your caps lock off. All capital letters means you are shouting on the internet. It is okay for EMPHASIS, but if the whole thing is capitalized, it tends to make people not take your posts seriously.

Good luck!

Thank you Sir!.
i grew up with a keyboard with a green light for Cap letters and numbers. I no longer have that light to guide me. in fact i cannot find a keyboard with a cap lock green light anywhere on the internet. So sorry i am still struggling with this issue

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157

Latest posts