Diagnose-No Power/No Air Flowing In Rear Vents

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's just a accumulation from years of buying and selling I tend to buy more than I sell so I have a severe backlog. I could probably just list stuff for 5-6 months straight before running out of things to list, i'm guessing I probably have just as much stuff sitting here ready to list as I have already listed if not more. The problem is it is time consuming to research, test, clean, take photos, list it. on top of having to pack and ship what was bought during the day and have time to go out and buy more. currently I am only buying 2 days a week. I obviously cant check everything 100% but I do the best I can and my 99.9% feedback shows that I think. It pays the bills and I pad my pillow, and I get to play with a little, I am not going to get rich it has it's up's and down's, sometimes I have had barely anything to sell and others times triple what I am selling now. I wouldn't go work for anyone again unless they paid me REALLY well I like what I do I don't have a boss watching my every move. This Covid has slowed things down a bit the last 3-4 months I have just been treading water but I am not loosing anything and part of that is just a matter of how hard I work I have been admittedly pretty lazy as well.

I've done the same thing before and loved the work but in a different market. It came in handy when I had to sell everything to survive, a couple of times to handle major emergencies. Hope to start over next year; like you, I have a bunch of "spares" that I never got around to selling, broken things or sub-par stuff that is not proper to sell whole but has value to someone (and me) if parted out. Fun stuff.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s cool. I pretty much just quit working when Covid hit. I could go back but I don’t think I will. It’s hard for an old guy to do. I’m not rich but I should be ok unless Amazon stock goes way downhill but it looks good.
I was watching a news story on the internet yesterday apparently all the stuff that has been sitting off shore is coming in full speed ahead right now with record breaking imports they expect to be within 4-5% of what was expected for the year by the end of December kind of crazy
https://www.freightwaves.com/news/container-rate-records-shattered-us-imports-surge
https://www.cnbc.com/video/2020/10/...-record-volumes-as-chinese-imports-surge.html

Larryjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same problem here, I'll be looking into those resistors as well. However I have also read that the orange wire gets burnt at the connector by the parking brake. <-- This is not accurate, at least for 2002. I'll be looking into that as well.

I cannot find a wiring diagram in the FSM, but I found this that may be helpful for others in the future.

upload_2021-4-4_10-5-34.png

Last edited:

Larryjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It turns out the post I was looking at was a bit of a red herring:

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/no-rear-air-at-all.17369/#post-461854

The wiring diagrams in the Chevy FSM are horrible. It took me 3 hours just to sort out and find the relevant connectors and wiring. As far as I can see, there are not connectors for the rear HVAC near the drivers side footwell. Perhaps the wiring changed in 2005 or 2006, and the picture in the link I posted may be accurate for one of those model years, but not 2002.

There is what Chevy calls a fuse block on the Right I/P. It doesn't actually have any fuses, so don't ask me why they call it a fuse block. That wasted about 1/2 of my time tonight trying to find a real fuse block. However, on the right side of the I/P, there is a cover just like the one covering the real fuse block on the left side I/P. When you remove the right side cover you will see a block that contains plugs. One of these plugs has the large orange wire. You can check that you have 12 V to this wire.

I do have 12V, so it's looking likely that I have to replace the resistor assembly in the rear.

Larryjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I my case, I now believe that the solenoids (pictured in the Blower Motor Resistor Assembly) are sticking, or a bad electrical connection. However, I fail to believe that all three solenoids could fail exactly at the same time. If the resistors blew, I'd still get the fan speed on high. It's looking more and more like a wiring issue. I removed the rear interior trim panel and the rear blower suddenly started working on all speeds.

I attached the wiring diagram from the FSM which is more accurate. If it quits again I'll check the purple wire going to the motor, Black from the motor, connection A at connector C2 on the resistor assembly, and connection C at the splice pack.

Bottom line: If ALL 3 speeds go on your rear HVAC including the max (speed 3), it's unlikely to be the resistor assembly itself (but it could be).

Attachments

• Rear Auxilliary HVAC wiring diagram.pdf
    543.1 KB · Views: 8

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kentf3