Diagnose-No Power/No Air Flowing In Rear Vents

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crabbman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2002 GMC YUKON XLT. NO RESPONCE FROM CONTROL KNOBS LOCATED ON UPPER HEAD BOARD.
NO AIR, NO HEAT, NO COLD , NO FAN SOUND, AT THE THREE VENTS IN THE BACK PASSENGER AREA.
WHERE DO I START MY INVESTIGATION?
FUSE BOX?
SIDE KICK PANEL WHERE THE POWER CORD IS?
i will; wait for reply.
thank you.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did it just start failing or did you just notice? Either way the first thing to do when any electrical item in a vehicle stops working is to check the fuses.

OP
OP
crabbman

crabbman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sure but somehow my daughter says i have no air, no heat, no blower motor in the back passenger area. this is my daughters car and i am the official Mr. Fix it please .
yes i have checked a 10 and a 30 amp fuse which shows it is an a/c fuse. i am not finding a rear a/c seperate fuse location.
thank you, Rocket Man

OP
OP
crabbman

crabbman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry i was able to look at the power connection cord located behind kick plate and i am not seeing any burned or frayed wires anywhere.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you checked it yourself? The controls can be set to work from the rear or from the front. There’s several different types in our vehicles too- auto, non auto, digital etc. so maybe take a couple pictures.
Edit: there’s a separate fuse for the rear HVAC in the under hood fuse panel. Here’s a pic of my 02 Denali owners manual; the pen is pointing at the fuse, it’s labeled RR HVAC.

4BB56142-FF6F-4F48-8DF4-81CD863CE1DA.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
crabbman

crabbman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, i rechecked my diagram and i found three fuses that work a/c. the fuses all look to be in working order. metal is not burned or cracked inside fuse

OP
OP
crabbman

crabbman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thank you rocket man. not sure what you mean i can control the rear from the front. HERE ARE MY CONTROL KNOBS. LET ME KNOW HOW TO OPERATE THESE KNOBS?
thank you.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you will have to proceed to checking the rear system then, you will want to check rear blower motor, rear blower motor resistor and rear control module.
this guy is a popular one, you can skip thru about the first half of the video, he is replacing a actuator but getting access to the rear is basically the same from 00-14

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157