Rear dome/cargo light no power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Palooza

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2017 Yukon XL
The rear interior cargo LED lights are not working. I pulled the light down and tested the light with a 9-bolt battery and it is working. I tested the power source and there is no power at the wire. Therefore I have concluded 2 possible problems:
1. Fuse. I cannot determine which fuse I should check so I checked them all (all 4 fuse boxes!). I cannot find a bad fuse. There are no other light or power issues in the vehicle and I don’t think this light would have a circuit of its own. I don’t think it’s a fuse issue but does anybody know what fuse I should check?
2. Broken or disconnected wire. I reached up into the ceiling and the wire is glued to the roof and seems to go directly to the passenger side of the vehicle. Does anybody know where this wire goes? I would like to check power at the next connection or replace it.

Any other ideas?

Rcurylo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Identical problem on 2017 Yukon XL.

One question? Was any work performed on vehicle that would have cause headliner to be removed? Perhaps that may have caused a problem.

Either way, it is disappointing that there is no document publicly available, that provides information regarding power and operation of rear dome/courtesy lights.

Unable to get answer from a dealer without delivering vehicle for investigation.

OP
OP
P

Palooza

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Identical problem on 2017 Yukon XL.

One question? Was any work performed on vehicle that would have cause headliner to be removed? Perhaps that may have caused a problem.

Either way, it is disappointing that there is no document publicly available, that provides information regarding power and operation of rear dome/courtesy lights.

Unable to get answer from a dealer without delivering vehicle for investigation.
I've only owned the vehicle for one year and it was like that when I bought it. There is no reason to believe that the headliner was removed. Please post if you figure this out!

OP
OP
P

Palooza

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've only owned the vehicle for one year and it was like that when I bought it. There is no reason to believe that the headliner was removed. Please post if you figure this out!
I wonder where one could get a wiring diagram?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tahoe1844