Dexcool

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Always have done the same. This truck is the first vehicle younger that 2010 and want it to last at least 7 years. I'll keep the dexcool as it seems to be okay in most. The guys running DEXCOOL you running mods too?
Yep, blower, cam, etc. Now as for the intercooler- Whipple specs green 50/50 and a bottle of Water Wetter so that’s what I run in it but it’s a different system than the engine cooling system with its own pump, intercooler radiator etc but for the engine itself it’s Dexcool, that’s what’s spec’d for it. I’m kind of particular in my fluids, I run what’s called for as far as diffs, transfer case, transmission, power steering, which are all ACDelco fluids, brakes which are Wilwood calipers so I run their 500* fluid , cooling system, supercharger, etc.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fleetguard ! - They have a good bit of info regarding Types/Compatibility/Life/Testing kits and replenishing additives. Highly reccomend a look if you have a varied Fleet.

roc1967

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Regarding Dexcool, are there differences between brands? Is Prestone the way to go?

Smiley3303

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Brand probably isn’t that important as it is a spec so they are cooking from a recipe and I don’t think much deviation is allowed to meet that standard. If you don’t mind doing a little more work buy in concentrate and mix 50:50 with distilled water. Way cheaper that way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667