Blue Devil Rear Main Seal Stop Leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

29tomt

Reaction score
I had previously posted that I had a leaking rear main seal on my 2003 Tahoe 5.3 with 223K miles. It had started out a small drip drip but began to show up on the dip stick. Vehicle has never budged off of full on the stick. Having last year had the oil pan gasket replaced along with the oil pressure sending unit with O ring, I was not too anxious to pop the dollars to replace the rear seal and not able to do it myself. I ran across a product from Blue Devil that you add to the oil to fix the problem. I did note that in reading feedback on the product, most had the same motor and most were like me somewhat skeptical that it would work or not harm the engine in some fashion.

Anyway, feedback was very good from many users so I took a shot and bought it and put it in the oil. Much to my delight, the leak stopped after a couple of days as to my driveway. I left it in for 10 days and decided to replace the oil and filter. I have oil changes done ever 3000 miles or close to that using conventional oil. It is worth that cost to me to have people I know to go over stuff under the hood, under the vehicle, top fluids off and to check my air pressure. Getting up in 70s and not able to do what I used to do. I am happy to report that after 6 or 7 weeks, still no leaks and engine is fine with no injury. I am only saying here THAT FOR MY application, it worked fine and well worth the money. Got it from Amazon.

cjmcglaughlin

Reaction score
I had previously posted that I had a leaking rear main seal on my 2003 Tahoe 5.3 with 223K miles. It had started out a small drip drip but began to show up on the dip stick. Vehicle has never budged off of full on the stick. Having last year had the oil pan gasket replaced along with the oil pressure sending unit with O ring, I was not too anxious to pop the dollars to replace the rear seal and not able to do it myself. I ran across a product from Blue Devil that you add to the oil to fix the problem. I did note that in reading feedback on the product, most had the same motor and most were like me somewhat skeptical that it would work or not harm the engine in some fashion.

Anyway, feedback was very good from many users so I took a shot and bought it and put it in the oil. Much to my delight, the leak stopped after a couple of days as to my driveway. I left it in for 10 days and decided to replace the oil and filter. I have oil changes done ever 3000 miles or close to that using conventional oil. It is worth that cost to me to have people I know to go over stuff under the hood, under the vehicle, top fluids off and to check my air pressure. Getting up in 70s and not able to do what I used to do. I am happy to report that after 6 or 7 weeks, still no leaks and engine is fine with no injury. I am only saying here THAT FOR MY application, it worked fine and well worth the money. Got it from Amazon.
Glad it worked for you. I never had luck with it for my rear main

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Magnetman59