Detailing tools (userguide or suggestions)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
So after looking on here and pretty much seeing suggestions/comments on how-to videos and advice, i dont see any thing for tools.

So, post up what tools you use. Polishers, products, pads, microfiber towels, brands, etc.

Post up what you have and what you like or dislike about them. Prices or links to websites that sell them would be helpful too.

As someone who has zero experience detailing besides handwashing my car (and still screwing it up) i figured this wpuld make a great sticky for all the newbies like me. Kinda like the garage section of what tools you use, but for detailing instead of wrenching.

DirtyBlackHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/

I think your thread in general is WAY too open. Do a little digging on some of the detailing forums (like the one I linked) and then come back and try asking more detailed questions. Might get you better results.

BTW I am not being a dick...I just don't think anyone is going to take the time to go into all the depth and detail that is needed to answer this post.

OP
OP
CHOO CHOO

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Its not hard to post what tools you like, this thread was more to show what tools you use and prefer, not how to detail. Pro vs cons (griots g6 vs porter cable 7424) for example. In trying to help this forum, not send people to other forums to search. Not that i dont trust people from autogeek, but i know alot of people here and trust their advice over someone i dont know

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

@GoodinBlack @GalaxyBlackEsky

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GG6 with the lifetime warranty is the best bet for a non professional weekend detailer.

No on else has that warranty for that price last I recall.

65stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The GG6 is a very popular machine for beginners just because of the warranty and the price. I personally use a Rupes LHR 15ES and LHR 75E mini. For the average guy only doing their own car it might be overkill, but if you find yourself doing a good amount of work they are worth their weight in gold just due to how much easier it makes the correction process.

I would be happy to recommend products or answer questions anyone might have on products. Feel free to PM if you like and I will gladly help you out with any questions you might have.

OP
OP
CHOO CHOO

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Thanks kevin! This is what i was looking for. Please post up whatever you like as this is more for the entire forum than just me. I didnt find much info here about products being used so i wanted a thread for everyone to be able to find products to use and compare.

Please feel free to post whatever you like and or use. Pads, polishes, brands as well please.

65stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a pretty much a must have item every car guy should have for cleaning wheels. Wheel Woolies were gods gift to car guys, and make cleaning your wheels so much easier. You can now reach back into the barrel of the wheel easily to achieve a nice clean barrel along with the face of the wheel. Between the 3 size you should easily be able to clean any wheel. These also work great for clean exhaust tips.

This is another must have item in my opinion.

OP
OP
CHOO CHOO

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Love this adams detail spray. Wash the tahoe and even if it rains, i come out and do a quick spray and wipe and its back to new. The meguiars quick detail spray works well too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Codered5557