Dashboard Gauge Lights...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I changed out my bulbs with leds also. The problem I had was that the bulbs in the cluster started flickering and eventually went out. I would like to find some leds that would last in the cluster. If anybody know where I could get some, please let me know.

Did u change the sockets out when u changed the bulbs?

Brick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure did. I am not the only person who has had this problem.

That sux, I hope i don't have that problem down the road. They were really cheap bulbs so if they last fro a decent amount of time I could always just replace them at $2 a bulb. I also kept my oem ones just in case! Hope u have better luck with ur next set if thats what u decide!

toddis32

Reaction score
JK, can I mail you my 04 gauge dash and pay you to solder in Blue LEDs like you did? :)

If anyone is still interested in having their cluster bulbs replaced with another color let me know. I can desolder your old ones and install YOUR bulbs for a few bucks. I also do the stepper motor repair for your speedo and gauges.

MEKONE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I REALLY would like to do this,it would add the finishing touches to my inside LED's.
Before I attempt to do this myself let me see if I got all I need.
For my 2002 Yukon I'll be needing 6 of these bulbs--->
http://www.SuperBrightLEDs.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=%2Fspecs%2FWLED-x6.htm
As per the other posts all that I need to do is remove the dash (any ideas on the easiest way to do this??),pop out the old bulbs and plug in the LED's.
Since it's a 02 Yukon no soldiering will be required.
Do I have this correct ?
Please let me know I will really appreciate it.
If those are NOT the right bulbs,please post a link to the right ones so I can see a pic of them.I will be ordering them from the site in the stickie.
Any word on how to do this to the A/C like the one pictured above?

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oznium.com is where ill be getting my leds I've heard they last and they have ones with the resistors already on them.

03+ yup all soldered...

If I take the cluster apart and the Guage needles off will that atomaticly uncalibrate my bushes if so how do I fix it??

Last edited:

djtoothowd

Reaction score
really wish someone would do red...scotty says they dont look good but i will only do red or white. no blue on my truck....black on black on black. lol. has anyone had better results with the white ones? or does the pic above look "more white" in person?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA