CV Angles W Leveling Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Floatindirty

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has pic's of their cv angles with a 2" or 2.5" leveling kit, I have read they are ok up to 2.5". Just bought the wifey a 07 Z71 and want to run the Nitto 285/50/22. I didnt come up with much on a search but Ive had 5 Chevy HD's either lifted, cranked or leveled and over the years spent a fortune on IFS front ends. I plan on doing the Cognito idler and pitman arm braces too, and if anyone has any other suggestions let me know.
Thanks

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can safely go with 2.5" and still have plenty of droop travel...as far as the Cognito braces they will not work with the rack&pinion steering.

Reaction score
I've got a 2.5 inch kit and running the same size tires as you're wanting. Don't have any pics handy, but my angles are overall not much different between stock. No issues here.

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hows the ride with the 2.5" kit?
Same as stock, basically. There wasn't any noticeable difference for me except that I have a couple of gnarly speed bumps...more like mounds....in my subdivision and the ride and clearance over those is much, much better now.

Reaction score
I thought it rode even better than stock with the factory tires still on. Then I put the Nitto's on, and now it rides like stock. :smoke2:

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was searching for Victory's ride...makes me want to step up to 22's.

I run the 2.5"fr/1"r kit on mine and the ride has not changed...I also tow quite a bit with it and my angles are still great and have plenty of space between the uca and its droop stop.

OP
OP
F

Floatindirty

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Victory is that the pic in your sig? let me know if you can email sum pics any rubbing with the nitto's?

Reaction score
No rubbing on the rear wheel wells, even with my smoker hooked up, which has a lot of tongue weight.

Front wheel wells, had to do some minor trimming on both sides where the tires meet the wells when fully locked either way (front & back sides). Normal driving was no issue, but had annoying rubbing when turning with any kind of suspention shift/flex. Also removed the plastic support that is between my frontal well plastic and the front fascia (also bolts to the fender) on each side and trimmed some off with a jigsaw and then replaced and used a couple of zip ties to pull the well plastic forward to the trimmed support. Added another 2" to the turning clearance. I don't know if the Tahoe's have this same support piece or not.

May sound cheesy, but it actually worked well and doesn't look jerry-rigged.

I can take a couple pics of the fenderwells/suspension for you, but It'll be a couple of days 'til I make it back home to do it. Somebody else may be able to get you some quicker.

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best pic I have of the plastic piece Victory is talking about...this is on a tahoe, so I think that the yukon and tahoe are very similar...pic shows it already trimmed back and tiewrapped.

DSCN4617.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pamelapanian

Latest posts