Cutting my tire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Up front, I have 2 inch drop spindles WITH new drop torsion keys....I ended up cranking my driver side torsion as far as it would go (up)...and thats how high it sits now...and eversince I damaged my driver fender and replaced it...I've never rubbed again (Knock on wood)....Im not telling you to buy a new fender (since I dont know how that would change anything...mine fits the rest of the body like normal)...but crank the torsion...that should help...

OP
OP
titanium02

titanium02

w7's or bust.
Reaction score
yeah i might take it up a notch on the drivers side.

what size socket will i need for that bolt? and i don't need an air ratchet right? just a normal socket wrench..

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Z71 4x4 bumptops, problem solved. $25ea at dealer

Here's what I posted a while back:

The Z71 4x4 bumpstop is a tad shorter I believe, and they have a lip that reinforces them. So they look like an upside-down muffin. That thick lip helps with the bottoming out support when you lower your front. You will always ride on them in the front, not an issue at all. You want to ride on them to be honest. I swear by these - took me hunting about 4 hours at a junkyard to find the right one...I didn't even know I was under a Z71 until I got em out and looked later. I had a bad bottoming out issue that almost had me cutting my fenders until I found those.

B

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
00-06 z71 4x4 package is the truck I got em from .... I might have the part no...hang on lemme check the garage.

B

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

15161762 is the GM part no.

B

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hers what they look like

GetAttachment.aspx.jpg

Just keep in mind, your wheel offset greatly affects the amount of rub you might or might not have. I have 24x10 with 30mm offset and zero rubbing on the fender. If you have a lower offset than you might experience a little rub,

B

OP
OP
titanium02

titanium02

w7's or bust.
Reaction score
u2-55's are +30 i believe.. my sidewall is flush with the body.

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

and where do you put the bumpstops?

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
u2-55's are +30 i believe.. my sidewall is flush with the body.

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

and where do you put the bumpstops?

Look behind front wheels, there is a small cup that holds it. 2 flathead screwdrivers and pry em out. Truck has to be up on the side u work on though.

B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10