Cutting my tire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with ya, you need to do something for sure!! Too bad your truck dips that low just with someone hopping in the drivers seat!

Grocery Getter

A guy with a truck.
Reaction score
Yeah, it looks like (hard to tell for sure in the pics) the sheet metal that wraps around the outside of the fender and usually sits flush has peeled back a bit and that may be what is slicing you up because plastic vs tire.... spinning tire wins so it must be metal causing the problem. I would definitely get in there and try and tap that flush against the fender well, you could even get some liquid steel, clean everything really good along the sheet metal and the fender well, take small BB's of liquid steel, insert them between the sheet metal and the fender well, and tap the sheet metal flush against the fender well with a ball hammer or regular hammer very carefully. You will smush the liquid steel in between the two and it should hold it flush. This is all assuming I am even close to correct of course....

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only if you could get a stainless trim or something that could capture that edge and mold to match the contours of your fender so that you wouldn't have to bend it away from the tire, almost like you could use a piece of what a sliding glass door rolls on, you can buy this stainless trim piece that snaps on the bottom track of a sliding glass door frame for a house that keeps the rolls on the door from getting worn out too soon!! Just an idea, bet you could make that work, and it would be smooth and last longer because it is stainless! I'll get a pic of what I am talking about if you would like?

---------- Post added at 08:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

Too bad you don't live by me, I have enough of what I am talking about to do a fender that I would just give ya!! Pics of what I am talking about on the way!!

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, didn't realize how dirty the door sill looks in pics!!:) This is what I am talking about, you can buy plastic versions of this but the thing with the stainless is that you can crimp it around your fender edge compared to the plastic and it wouldn't wear too bad!! Just an idea, I'm always thinking of creative ways to fix problems without going to extremes of modding them!

Attachments

• Trim1.JPG
    Trim1.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 20
  • Trim2.jpg
    Trim2.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 15

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck with it all, I hate doing stuff like that to nice things, I always have bad luck!

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol...hold on, lemme dig up my post

...ok, does it sound like this?

everytime I hit something that causes my wheels to tuck, It rips the inner lip of my fender down and out...it slices through my tire, cuts tread clean off...

the entire edge of my tire (ALL THE WAY AROUND) and been sliced off...I have deep cuts through the tread, some of the corner tread has also been sliced off...Im talkin 1/4 inch thick

I do that every time I tuck the front... hitting big bumps fast, driveways fast...stuff like that...

I already know the response (stop driving like an ass...or ... shouldnt have lowered it so low...blah blah) Im not asking about that...just about flaring out the fenders maybe an inch or so...that would eliminate the problem :)

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

And is this what it looks like?

Heres pics of how it is while sitting flat

IMG_3271.jpg

IMG_3273.jpg

IMG_3275.jpg

The camber is not even that bad anymore since adjusted....but, negative camber would only HELP in this situation..so thats not the issue

Look at all the tread damage...
IMG_3277.jpg

IMG_3278.jpg

IMG_3279.jpg

This is how high the fender sits above the tire normally...
IMG_3276.jpg

Here, you can see the fender lip that I have banged back into place multiple times
IMG_3281.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
titanium02

titanium02

w7's or bust.
Reaction score
can't see the pics on this cpu but yes that's exatcly what i'm talking about.

mind re-hosting the pics thru TYF? just attach them from yer cpu?

thx.

OP
OP
titanium02

titanium02

w7's or bust.
Reaction score
thanks blizz.

My tire tread is much thicker than yours.. but i'm having the same issues.

From my sidewalls to the body of my truck.. it's perfectly flush.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz

Latest posts