Copy PCM to swap in a new one with Tech 2?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have knowledge of ‘99 Vette cluster ops. Someone forked PCM Hammer to create IPC Hammer for 03+ GMT800’s clusters to program mileage and stuffs.

@Fless is correct that tech2 can’t program mileage.

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes positive it's in the cluster. I can power up just the cluster and it shows the mileage.

I don't have knowledge of ‘99 Vette cluster ops. Someone forked PCM Hammer to create IPC Hammer for 03+ GMT800’s clusters to program mileage and stuffs.

@Fless is correct that tech2 can’t program mileage.

Is there a tutorial or something on PCM hammer for programming clusters?

Found the code https://github.com/mikebb203/IPC-Hammer

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tore apart my cluster again... Bench tested it with a 10vpp square wave going to the speedometer pin A7.

Removed all modules not related to the gauge to see if one was interfering.
I also gently pressed on the board in various spots to see if possibly a trace or via broke or delaminated.
Additionally, I probed the square wave to see if something was corrupting the input. It's clean at least at the header.

Still have same issue, speedometer will not respond.

I see there's a serial data pin on the cluster. I tried wiring that directly up to the VX nano adapter.

I wondered if I could do anything with Tech 2 or PCM hammer to scan the cluster, maybe the software on it just got corrupted? Or if I have to have the cluster installed in the vehchile w/ PCM and other computers to communicate with the cluster?

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking for a radio bench harness and stumbled across this and filed it away for later. Not sure if it applies to a 99 though.

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welp I was able to wire up the VCX Nano to the instrument cluster. I think it is working, but the PCM Hammer for IPC isn't compatible with whatever is on this cluster form the looks of it. Unless I did something wrong. I simply did Pin 2 OBD2 connector to Pin A11 on the cluster for serial data. Then of course powered everything up. For sake of completeness I have the PCM also hooked up.

I'm now trying to use this Tech2Win to see what I can do with it for self checks. Confused though...

What do I select here? Seems to make no difference either way...
1693504343784.png

This screen is just blank... I cannot get it to populate with anything.
1693504378922.png

If I click cancel it will bring up Tech2Win but only allows year 2003 or 2002 for Chevrolete? My corvette is a 1999

1693504516139.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20

Latest posts