cooki3mnster's build - The Black Pearl

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I really love the way it looks now. I'm still kicking around the idea of a Morimoto retrofit for the headlights.
Do it! You won’t regret it!! I went this route a couple months ago and the HID retrofit is awesome! Though it’s much easier with a Denali OEM lookalike projector housing as morimoto carries projector lenses that Mount in just like the OEM ones do.

OP
OP
cooki3mnster

cooki3mnster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mail call! Got some goodies for the Pearl. I picked up a Tru-Cool 47931 Trans Cooler and Vette servo from Oregon Performance Tranmission, brackets from EADPerformance, some LEDs from Superbrightleds, and All On board from Fleece Performance, and I picked up a spare Driver Position module from Pick n Pull and had it flash by the guys at GMFlash.com/Spartan Autowerx. Got everything but the Vette Servo installed today. The Tru-Cool trans cooler looks massive behind the grille, and I am so happy that my seat controls are no longer inverted.

B965C372-272F-4222-87D7-320625E5D3AD.jpeg

A little before and after. The bracket kit came with all the hardware and fittings to adapt to the OEM trans lines. I did have to cut the splash pan a bit to account for the right hand line being further away from the factory location.
794CBB6D-4ABA-443A-A0F7-22D14C4FE92E.jpeg

FBC830AC-D60C-4C35-B793-7AF2B5D62A26.jpeg

I’m pretty happy the the Fleece board, I’m going to make some adjustments to my headlights tonight when the sun goes down. I still don’t feel like they are quite right.
6201FD54-79CE-4923-9148-F8BEED8E5E72.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
cooki3mnster

cooki3mnster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do it! You won’t regret it!! I went this route a couple months ago and the HID retrofit is awesome! Though it’s much easier with a Denali OEM lookalike projector housing as morimoto carries projector lenses that Mount in just like the OEM ones do.
I was reading through your build thread! Where did you order your Depo’s from? I think I want to go that route. I probably should have just bought those in the first place

OP
OP
cooki3mnster

cooki3mnster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Disassembling the drivers seat went pretty quickly to swap the module out. Took about 40ish min from start to finish. They charged me $17 at PicknPull and $110 from GMFlash. It was a 3day turnaround time to have the module flashed and returned. Now I know the process for when my Lseat.com seat covers show up. The drivers front seat cover is smoked and really needs to be replaced.
24D4BF4B-32C4-4F3D-BEFF-24E53AF8E197.jpeg
A298A6A0-A702-40D4-8957-9271EEBCE177.jpeg

OP
OP
cooki3mnster

cooki3mnster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Almost forgot! A couple days ago I got the Dorman cabin air filter retrofit kit and installed it. Super easy install, if not a little awkward considering I had to squeeze my fat butt up under the dash with a utility knife. I’ll have to grab a photo of the finished product later. It’s still way too hot to be outside. Currently sitting in front of the AC with a cold adult beverage lol.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was reading through your build thread! Where did you order your Depo’s from? I think I want to go that route. I probably should have just bought those in the first place
I think I got mine from eBay. But I can’t quite remember. I know for sure they don’t make black housing Denali look a likes anymore. I was looking forward a set when I did my retrofit. Not sure about the chrome ones though.

OP
OP
cooki3mnster

cooki3mnster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I picked up a pair of NNBS front calipers. The brakes on the Pearl are ok but could be improved. Planning on EBC rotors and Green stuff pads, along with some stainless brake lines front and rear. I had Green Stuffs on my Excursion and my old 355, and they were incredible.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today I picked up a pair of NNBS front calipers. The brakes on the Pearl are ok but could be improved. Planning on EBC rotors and Green stuff pads, along with some stainless brake lines front and rear. I had Green Stuffs on my Excursion and my old 355, and they were incredible.
I always got a lot of dust from the green stuff pads. Stopped good though but I just couldn’t deal with the dust on my rims.

OP
OP
cooki3mnster

cooki3mnster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always got a lot of dust from the green stuff pads. Stopped good though but I just couldn’t deal with the dust on my rims.
Really? That’s strange, I’ve never had any issues with dust. I had some chrome Helo Max 8s on the Excursion and they never got dusty. I tried a set of Power Stop Z36 compound on the Chevelle and those are real bad. Definitely going back to EBC when the time comes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons