Check Your Engine Oil Level!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seriously? Wow. Do you trust your CPA or Doctor? Good grief. It would take more effort to get somebody else's used oil out of a drain bucket to put in the sample bottle and anyone with half a brain could tell if the oil in the sample bottle was new or used. Why would that even be a consideration even for the biggest hack when they were already standing there draining the oil?

I said what I said based on what I've personally seen at dealer service departments and on what you read about them the vast majority of the time on here, especially about the newer GM stuff and all the shady tricks they're pulling. I summarized it by saying "I ask because I, personally, have no reason to trust any GM dealership sales or service departments". I was accusing no one. This was before the OP revealed that he has a good personal relationship with the dealer. Also, I never said anything about them using someone else's used oil.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What "shady tricks" are they pulling? You said "are you even sure they obtained it from your engine" which means someone else's used oil.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What "shady tricks" are they pulling?

Mostly lies to skirt around warranty repairs, but this isn't the place to discuss this.

You said "are you even sure they obtained it from your engine" which means someone else's used oil.

I said:

...are you even sure they obtained it from your engine and didn't just pour a few ounces of new oil in the sample bottle?

If you're gonna be all up in my posts, be ALL up in them. I'm very skeptical of dealerships for what I believe to be valid reasons. You don't have to agree with me and you're not gonna change my mind. Trust is earned, not given and I'll trust a dealership when they've earned my trust. No, they're not all bad. I'd actually venture to say that most are good. Things can get messy and costly for the dealer when it comes to warrantying an expensive engine failure. My thought was that a "finicky" (in the eyes of the dealer) customer, such as one having like-new oil analyzed for fear of engine trouble or damage, is a guilty dealership's nemesis. Giving them fresh oil for their sample would ensure a clean analysis report and, therefore, a content and pacified customer.

The OP, Steve, set the record straight with his reply. Then again in response to you. It's done. Let it go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645