Cheap sway bar links for rear 5" drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Front JK jeep wrangler end links look like they'll fit w/o issue. I'll let you guys know how they work since I have about a dozen of these things leftover from lifting jeeps. I also chopped 1 1/2" out of the stock rear links in case I have to weld em up but you can't remove the bushings and I'm concerned they will melt when welded. Pics to come I'll try getting them on tonight

IMG_0344.jpg

IMG_0345.jpg

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Good thing my DJM kit came with them.
Had it didn't I would have to get some for you as that rear bar angle after a drop is unacceptable.

OP
OP
M

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Mine handles great but I'd like to have another inch off the length. They didn't fit when I dropped it 4" initially but I think they'll work well after the free travel mod and height it's at now. We'll see in about an hour.

fatnlowtahoe504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good thinking! i need shorter ones as well, i took my rear sway off this weekend and as i was driving back to school on the interstate i had way too much swaying at some points, not to mention my back tires rub now that i took it off and i did the free travel mod, i took it off cus im in the process of putting bags in, but i wonder if it would sway less when i have the bags in?

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thought you were looking for these for me?:crazy:

Since you found them, when you shipping them?

BTW, I have a guy who said he'd cut my factory ones and wasn't worried about the bushings melting at all... No idea if they would or not though...

Calling u now ******...

--edit--

hurry back from lunch...

--edit--

:Handshake:

Last edited:

Young28

The Yukon God
Reaction score
just take it easy when your welding around the bushings. Id take i first then hit it, let it cool down. Im sure you know this already but i figured id just mention it.

Im clueless when it comes to lowering these things since i just lowered mine 2/3 years back then i bagged it. But im still interested in what you find out.

OP
OP
M

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Didn't get a chance to put them on as the alignment rack was tied up all day. I hate racking my truck on the other lifts because its so low I have to square up the arms, then extend, then put the feet on, and finally put them on the frame after I roll the truck forward. I'll get pics tomorrow when I put em on might be able to get the uca bushings on too if my buddy can align the damn thing. I'm also considering a refinance on my truck since my credit score went way up...boost is coming bitches :burnout:

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Hell yeah get Boost, screw airbags for now, if not in general!
BTW you need your old screen name back....

OP
OP
M

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
I'll change it once it's true again. I feel like a poser with a turbo mustang in pieces and no blower on the truck. Back and forth this whole week about bagging or not I'm leaning toward making it fast and doing some sleeve bags with an engine driven compressor once I have sufficient funds to dedicate toward doing it right. I'd love to get it down another inch or so right now but don't see that happening as I'd have to buy shocks and all kinds of other crap. Figure if I notch the frame I may as well bag the damn thing. Dammit I hate these decisions :emotions122:

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Can't you pull just that 1" more with a notch w/o bags, I would just do that as I would not airbags unless the front had them too.
BTW nobody comment on me ******* this thread b/c I haven't yet, the thread started gave indirect permission so I'm all good :mexsmoke:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Speardog